CS5 Upgrade Requires CS4 Installed? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 9th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Trustee

CS5 Upgrade Requires CS4 Installed?

I'm about to install CS5 Master Collection upgrade. Do I need to have CS4 Production Premium installed prior to installing the CS5 upgrade or can I just install the CS5 upgrade? Does the CS5 upgrade look for a prior installation or does it just ask for a CS4 license serial number?

Thanks
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Wrangler

You don't need to have the prior version installed. You'll just be prompted to enter the s/n from the previous version when you start the CS5 install.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Pete. I should have asked this an hour ago prior to installing CS4, which I only installed a few programs since I'm upgrading. Do I need to uninstall CS4 before or after installing CS5? And does the upgrade completely disable all currently installed CS4 programs?

However, has anyone experienced an error installing Photoshop CS4 64bit while installing a CS4 suite? I'm on a 3yr old Dell that I upgraded to Win 7 x64 Pro a month ago (I did a fresh install of Win 7). It installed Photoshop 32bit no problem but did not install the 64bit version due to an 'error'. For this PC, its not a deal breaker since the owner (my biz partner) uses InDesign 95% of the time.

One more quick question - the CS5 Master Collection trial download does not include Acrobat Pro 9, but doesn't the CS5 MC include Acrobat Pro 9? (I am waiting for the UPS delivery (from B&H) of the CS5 MC upgrade so I will know for certain when it arrives)
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Trustee

The upgrade is only relevant for pricing purposes, for the rest it is a completely new install that happily coexists with CS4.

Acrobat is part of the MC. I have not had any problems installing PS CS4 64 after CS5.

Did you you receive my mails?
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Trustee

Harm, are you talking about the PPBM5 emails? If so, yes I have. I should be testing later tonight.
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #6
Major Player

I am running PPro CS4 on my machine as well as Production Premium CS5...it seems fine.

(Since Techsmith's codec is 32 bit, Camtasia files are a no-go in PremPro CS5)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite