DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Roll title problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/482009-roll-title-problem.html)

Ed Kukla July 16th, 2010 05:32 PM

Roll title problem

Premiere CS4
Rolling a long sequence over video. Tried many variations on the Roll/Crawl Options box but the roll starts about half way in instead of at the start of the title I created. Clip is 2 minutes long and the roll starts around 1 minute. What's wrong? I rebooted everything thinking I had a glich. Nothing works.

Adam Gold July 16th, 2010 08:03 PM

The roll title itself is stretched out on the timeline to exactly the same length as the shot? What about your pre-roll settings?

Can you post screen grabs of both the timeline and the dialog box?

Ed Kukla July 16th, 2010 08:26 PM

I have the main clip on video track 1, some inserts on track 2 and the rolling title on track 3 for overlay on top of the picture. I've adjusted the length of the track to see if that would help. Seems the title wants to start midway into the title track no matter what length I make it or what options I select.

Peter D. Parker July 17th, 2010 02:53 AM

In the roll settings, is there one which says something like "start off screen"....?

Peter

Ed Kukla July 17th, 2010 05:33 AM

I tried all the options in the roll/crawl options box...all of them.

Jay West July 17th, 2010 04:51 PM

The problem is that there is a lot of space between the first line of text and the top of the text box and all that space has to scroll before you get to the text, Check the text box to see if you can delete that space. If that doesn't work, I've had luck with a couple of work arounds. If this title is not right at the start of a timeline, you can pull the left hand edge of the title back over previous clips so all the blank space plays there and your text starts to emerge at the point where you initially started your title. Another thing that has worked for is, with timeline cursor positioned at the very start of the title, double click on the title box, then click on the text box so the handles light up, and then use the mouse to physically raise the box until the first line of the text is just below the safe area guideframes. Then exit out of the title box, render and see if it plays properly.

Adam Gold July 19th, 2010 04:59 PM

Again, without seeing your title, dialog boxes and timeline there's no way to know for sure, but I think Jay's nailed it (I assumed you knew about this) -- you must have the first line of text right at the top of your title safe area when you save the title, and no blank lines above the text in the text box.

Apologies if this isn't the issue. Screengrabs would help a lot.

Bruce Watson July 19th, 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay West (Post 1549723)
The problem is that there is a lot of space between the first line of text and the top of the text box and all that space has to scroll before you get to the text...

My vote is for this also. I was just working on something like this. If you pull the title up the the top of the frame it starts to roll immediately when you run the time line. But... if you want it to stop at the end of the roll and stay on screen, it stops at the position you specify with the titler, which in this case would be with the text right at the top of the frame (outside the title safe area). Yuck.

For my quick-'n-dirty implementation, I set the text at the top of the title safe area. It takes a bit over three seconds for the roll to start, but it stops in the right place for me. Not so bad, and it gets the point across. I'll do better in After Effects maybe when I have time to play with it.