Editing Multi Cam in CS5 - Memory Leak? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Trustee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,554
Editing Multi Cam in CS5 - Memory Leak?

I was finishing an hour long sequence today and I noticed that Premiere CS5 was using 18GB!

Anyone else experience this?
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Wrangler
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,093
How much RAM do you have? Memory is both dynamically and manually configurable in the CS5 suite. By default it will reserve 75% of available RAM for the core Adobe programs that need lots of RAM (PPro, AE, AME, and Encore), leaving 25% for other apps. If a single CS5 app is running (eg PPro), it gets the whole allocation to itself. If you have 24GB of RAM on your system, PPro would "own" 18GB of it. You can adjust these settings in the Preferences dialog. Does that explain what you're seeing or is something else likely going on?
__________________
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Trustee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,554
Thanks Pete. You said exactly what is happening - I have 24GB and PPro was the only Adobe app open.

My guess is that Premiere was storing the frames that I played in ram for quick playback. Because the sequence is an hour long, there were quite a few frames that I scrubbed through.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Surprise Arizona
Posts: 292
Multi Camera Split in Second Monitor

Steve,or anyone that knows, in CS3 and my RT.X2 it takes my second monitor and divides it up into my clip choices on the left side of the second monitor and the recorded clip on the right side of the second monitor. It is wonderful to be able to view everything so large while making my editing choices.
I am planning on purchasing CS5 without a Matrox RT.X2 card and am wondering if I am going to have to give up this wonderful editing workflow.
Any ideas or questions appreciated.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nashua NH
Posts: 278
I am using CS5 and a MX02 so far it's not bad - drivers were released about 3 weeks ago, you will have to edit in a matrox preset. I have had a few crashes bugs etc but the HDMI output feeding a 42 inch HDTV works great. Not sure how much Rt.X2 is supported or if this type of split screen output is supported.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network