Windows 7 Vs Xp For Cs4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Windows 7 Vs Xp For Cs4?

Anyone with a lesser spec system (i.e. 4gb ram or lower) notice any improvement or declination when running CS4 in windows 7 vs XP?

How about Windows 7 (64bit) vs XP?

Thanks
Joe Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Trustee

I never had the exact config you are asking about, but CS4 on Vists 64 with 6 GB RAM definitely ran better than CS3 on XP 32 with 4 GB RAM.
IMO Win7 64 is a terrific OS. Seems like all of my software runs better on it.
Of course, Win7 64 + CS5 is the best combo, and with Intel i7 and 12 GB RAM, editing HD is finally getting to be more like DV editing in terms of performance and error free system operation.
At last- we have arrived :)
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Major Player

My XP has 4 gb ram with dual core 3.6 and my Win 7 has 8 gb ram and a quad core xeon 3.06. CS4 is running significantly better on my Win 7 64 bit system then my XP. The CS5 is running much better than the CS4. The only reason I'm messing with CS4 is because of all the plug-ins available. As soon as Boris, and some others, get their upgrades done, CS5 will be it.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite