A little editing tip help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A little editing tip help

Hello again guys,

So I was wondering if any of you Adobe editors ever messed around with Vegas Pro 9. There is one thing that I would love about Vegas Pro 9 that would make my editing a lot faster and the workflow would be smooth.

In Vegas Pro 9, while editing, A simple scroll on the middle scroll button on my mouse would zoom in and out of the timeline. Making editing a tad easier. Sorry if I am not explaining myself quite well. Does anybody on here know how to do this with Premiere?

Thanks again
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Zoom

Try zooming
Attached Files
File Type: mov Zoom.mov (179.1 KB, 213 views)
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Hannu, I know of that already. What my question is, is does PPro offer that customizable setting like Vegas does for zooming in and out of timeline, using the scroll wheel on the mouse?

I think those who have used Vegas Pro 9 or other versions know what I am talking about. Thanks though
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

ALT + Scroll Wheel.

Or the handles at the ends of the line above the numbers on the timeline. They call that the viewing area bar. Grabbing the middle of the bar just moves you back and forth but grabbing the handles at either end gives you a quick zoom in or out.

If you enter "timeline zoom" in the help search box, the first article returned shows a diagram.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiere...1BB20A80a.html
Old September 7th, 2010, 02:38 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Adam, Alt+Scroll it is!!!! Thank you so much!!! That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for your help as well Hannu. Appreciate it all!!!
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite