.mov HD video not working in premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

.mov HD video not working in premiere

I have an older version of premiere (1.5) and need to edit a .mov HD file. It just shows a white screen. Same thing happens when I try to import it to pro-tools. Is there codec I need to download? Or do I need to convert it to some other file type? If so, how?
Jonathan Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

gspot says it's xdvb codec but can't find any info on it anywhere. Quicktime locks up when it tries to open it. :( Says it needs to download additional components from online but never does, just locks up. :(
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Trustee

it is definetly a codec, what type of HD mov it is? is it cineform? than you need cineform neo player installed
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #4
Inner Circle

1.5 can't do what you want. You need to download the 1.5.1 update (should still be available even though it's a few years old). Then you'd need to transcode the file to something that Premiere can handle like Cineform.
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Regular Crew

It is .mov file, that's all I know. How do I find out what type it is to answer your question?

Quicktime can't even play the file because it needs a specific codec, but I can't find what codec I need. I downloaded a codec supplement that says it covers basically everything you'll ever need, but that didn't do it. :-/

How do I convert it to cineform or something it can read? My .mov to .avi converter can't recognize the codec either.
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Again, the first thing you should do is download and install the 1.5.1 update to Premiere if you haven't already done so, and see if that helps, because you can't do any form of HDV without it. Then go to the Cineform website and read all about it and try downloading the trial of Neo Scene. Check out the Cineform forum here for more info.

You have the latest version of Quicktime?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite