Changing frame rate in Premiere CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 17th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Changing frame rate in Premiere CS4

Hi all

Is there a plug in out there that will let you change the frame rate of footage in Premiere CS4; via a motion vector interpolation technique, not via the blending frames technique Premiere natively uses. I am trying to change the frame rate of completed movies that have been edited and finaled already.

I have tried the demo of Twixtor from Re:vision FX (and AfterFX plugin that Premiere accepts) and that works really well; except it doesn't seem to understand the cuts in edited footage; on a cut it gives you a horrible blended weirded out result.

Does anyone know a better alternative that works?

thanks!

/ben
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #2
Trustee

What frame rates are you trying to go from/to?

If it's from 24p to 25p or vice versa a speed change will be easiest. If you need to do 30p to 25p then you might have to apply the twixtor filter to each individual clip in your project to avoid wierd frames on the cuts.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I am going from 30 to 25; but I am really looking for a quick and easy way to go from any frame rate to any other.

I can't understand why Twixtor goes nutty on the cuts. It would seem to easy to build in a check that turns the effect off if the difference between the two shots is really great.

/ben
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite