Premiere CS5 + Big Project = SNAIL SPEEDS? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:45 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Ubshura View Post
I need to contact you one of these days since your settings you left in the camera are so much nicer than what I have in the other cameras.... I thought I copied yours exactly, but every time we look at them in post (side by side), your old camera seems so much sharper!... Some time when I get time... )
The settings should produce identical images in the EX's. There are an awful lot of settings involved with each PP. You may be skipping over one of them.
The repeated conforming behaviour is a known issue that I have seen on the PPro forum. That will jam you up & may explain a lot of your problems.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:07 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Young View Post
One other thing, when just editing/previewing, I run around 4GB RAM; rendering pushes it up to 6-7GB.
I can minimize Pro, go to any other software, browser, email, whatever, and on return to the pro project it's instantly up and running.
Bob, are you using footage from your EX1? If so, how are you importing the files into PP CS5? Are you using the Media Browser or some other way? What are you doing with all the BPAV files?

Just curious in case this has something to do with it on our end.
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:38 AM   #18
Trustee

Lloyd,

Your NAS is likely to cause this problem. The speed of the NAS is lower than a single local disk, so you get performance that may be less than in the case you had only 2 disks locally, one for OS & programs and one for editing. This is the absolute minimum requirement set by Adobe, but they always understate minimum requirements. With larger projects more disks are required. Since there is some overhead for Windows in using a NAS, that does not help either.

You could try to configure a 4 disk or larger raid0 locally and see if that solves your issue.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Ubshura View Post
Bob, are you using footage from your EX1? If so, how are you importing the files into PP CS5? Are you using the Media Browser or some other way? What are you doing with all the BPAV files?

Just curious in case this has something to do with it on our end.
I do all my HD editing as Cineform.
The original files (no matter EX, AVCHD, etc) go on an archive disk; from there they are converted to CF. The CF files go on the RAID 0. Import CF into project is with media browser or the "import" command.
All of the BPAV files, AVCHD meta files, etc. are back on the archive disk & not connected in any way to the PPro project.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM   #20
Major Player

I should have posted this (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-cr...ml#post1571865) here since this was about my post... but another guy was having the same problem, so I posted the reply.

I spent 7 hours with tech support today and got to a partial solution.
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite