CS5 with MXO2 Mini crashes a lot! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 25th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #31
Major Player

Absolutely not what a ridiculous and expensive process to go thru just to get a product to do what it should do out of the box. The only thing this does is get me working again so I can make some money to find another solution. Besides Matrox did not do anything to help.
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #32
Equal Opportunity Offender

Perhaps it was your system builder then as your Matrox gear now works properly? I mean, it's hardly as if you had the hardware box swapped for a replacement unit?

Seriously though, you need to understand that video work is very resource intensive for any computer system hardware bandwidth and that all sorts of things can interfere. Then there's the software that runs on top and how it chooses to operate.

Is it Matrox's fault when they release good solid working drivers for CS5 and then Adobe releases a 'patch' update that inadvertently causes issues for the Matrox functionality? Perhaps it is Adobe's fault instead for 'breaking' the release version of PremierPro in order to fix it?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #33
Major Player

Andrew you have been soooo much help. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to educate us whiners on how great Matrox is. What would the little people do with out you.

If you really wanted to help you could have taken your vast knowledge and posted the steps to solve the problem.

It is funny to me that this site is here for people to get help and share their experiences and when you ask for help there is always someone whining about having to help you.

Let me make it easy for you nothing beyond this post is written for you. From here on out you can ignore anything I write. (Grin)
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #34
Major Player

I want to thank all of you on your responses. With your help I learned that...

1 Some people also are having problems with Matrox.
2 That it could possibly be a driver issue.
3 That Matrox recently updated their drivers.
4 That some people never got their issues solved and have a bad impression of Matrox.
5 That some people Love Matrox.
6 That Gary Bettan from Video Guys Sells Matrox (I buy a lot of stuff from Video Guys)
7 That there is really a number of people that have the CS5 + Matrox configuration working.
(This gave me hope)
8 That some people feel that Matrox has made claims that the product does not live up to.
9 That some people are fans of Matrox.
10 That some people really do understand what this forum is for.
11 That some people think that you are a whiner when you ask for help.
12 That some people feel far superior to the rest of us.
13 That some people have had this or similar problems and have been able to solve them.
(This gave me hope)
14 That some people feel that the Matrox calibration utility actually works. (Glad to here that)
15 That some people think the problem is with CS5.
(Since CS5 is the host program the obligation is on Matrox to make the product work.)

With your help I was able to make a decision to that lead to solving the problem.
This is a great forum thank you for all your help.
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #35
Equal Opportunity Offender

Hi Ron,

Actually, I held back from the über-helpful stuff as I don't yet own a MXO2 Mini. I am still wanting to purchase one in the near future, though. Especially with the Max encoding technology built in.

I do understand how frustrating it is when things just won't work, and I'm not out to make fun of you either. It's just that there are all sorts of cross-dependencies when it comes to video editing software and the operating system. As you saw, even a Windows Update can make a noticeable difference.

Neither is this fair for Matrox. Their software drivers for real-time processing etc has to work hand in hand with a huge software application that they have no control over. The only time they can get a cracking start on writing their 'current' drivers is when the goal posts have stopped moving ... which is the end of beta (or release) for Premiere Pro.

Must be heartbreaking for them when Premiere Pro bug fixes in turn give their good drivers stability issues. But it's life and it happens.

The good thing about Matrox is that they will update their drivers to work with the ultra latest version. And these will be out when they are ready.

Hang in there.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #36
Major Player

Go Matrox, Go Matrox, Go Matrox, Go Matrox , Hoot who.
(Sung to the tune of Jack and Diane)
Ron Little is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite