Audio disaster...how to fix? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 16th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #1
Major Player

Audio disaster...how to fix?

Long story short....taped a school play. In order to reduce the reverb of the gym..I used 2 uhf mics on stage (no output was available on the mixer). Mics were recorded 1 to left channel, and 1 to right channel. The left channel has the "best" audio. I split the stereo to 2 mono tracks and now how the "best" channel's audio on both left and right tracks. Now my question...

What is the quickest way to "ride" the volume of the audio (it varies all over the place due to diff in speaking parts and singing parts). I know in CS5 I can "ride" the faders in real time, but Id like a faster way. Such as putting a "limiter" on the audio and not let it peak higher than zero db. Normalizing the audio would make it worse. Just looking for suggestions....

Thanks
Jeff Hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Major Player

For not letting it peak higher than zero db, set max peak to zero in the audio gain menu. (In windows, right click on the audio track, click "audio gain" in the box menu that appears, then select your choice in the next menu).
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

compress it using dynamics audio plugin
Zoran Vincic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks folks....think I saved it.

I made two mono tracks out of the stereo wav file. Took the channel with "less" reverb on it and pasted it on both l & r channels. Then used the multiband compressor and some eq...to reduce the low frequency reverb rumble....sounds pretty good now. At least I learned what "not" to do next time. ha

Happy Holidays to all of you,
Jeff
Jeff Hinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite