Can't get adobe on-line store to work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 19th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Can't get adobe on-line store to work

I have downloaded a demo version and am ready to hand over some cash for the real thing. However, try as I will, I cannot get the online store to work.

I am instructed that when I try to log on, that my address is registered to Australia, to log-in which I try and fail to do with same same stupid message, or to start a new account, which fails because Adobe already has my two existing emails assigned to other accounts, the demo download and an old account for PP2.

I would like to have CS5 but am not wedlocked to Adobe products as I have had a bad experience with the install disk of PP2 getting bitrot and the best solution Adobe came up with at the time was buy CS4.

Up to you Adobe. I have had enough for today.

Last edited by Bob Hart; December 19th, 2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Since my first post above, I should point out there has been a happy resolution to this affair. I stumbled upon a live chat help service which is a human on the other end, not a complicated FAQ menu-style thing where you get lost in the translation from AU english and go down dead-ends.

The guy on the other end could enable stuff by posting hotlinks within the message which was very helpful, so kudos to Adobe for introducing this service. (and I have to eat a bit of crow for going off half-coked).

Last edited by Bob Hart; December 19th, 2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Adobe Systems

Great news. I'm so glad our online support was able to help you on your way.
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Could you could pass on to those who matter - "Regarding the guy or girl who was able to bludgeon those who decide things, into putting accessable humans back into the customer interface, also estabishing and maintaining a presence here, give him or her something more for Christmas than the promise of keeping a job for another few months.

You may or may not be aware just how significant dvinfo.net has become in establishing an enthusiasm for customers or clients to relate to companies and product developments.

The SI2K and RED camera systems in their conceptual gestation and early development muchly evolved through meetings of minds here. Systems like Cineform, Focus Enhancements, Nanoflash and some others which have rolled outside of my immediate recall represented themselves here and evolved similarly.

That does not come without some risk and requires some corporate courage. People can get pretty snakey when things go wrong and the "broad shoulders", "rhinocerus hide", "duck's back" survival reflexes probably have to be switched in from time-to-time.

Better though to know what's going on than live on blindly in ignorance whilst a basically sound product is dying through concealed customer indignation over some small nitpick or tech flaw.

Whilst the younger generations of Australians function more along the Amercian model and ( are also becoming more litiginous as well ) older generations have been more inclined to swallow their gall because corporates are too big, go way quietly in the night and spread the bad word. It only takes a tech problem then a managerial stone wall to set such reflexes off.

Public web forums have taken the place of Friday arvo happyhours at the local club or bar in a big way. Wimps who would never take a first breath to speak let alone open their mouth to do so become emboldened by anonymity. Small grumbles can now propagate into something more serious and potentially damaging very quickly.

Whilst your arrival on the scene here was a little late in the peace, you are most definitely to be commended for grabbing the briefcase of courage on your way through the door, coming along and jumping in among the nettles.

That companies have the confidence to field here is in no small part due to the affirmative site management practices of the wranglers. They maintain an electric fence or two in order to drive vexatious coyotes away and swing a vigilent cattle prod to dissuade the pitbulls before the labradors get bitten too hard.

Kudos to Chris Hurd and the other wranglers for keeping things focussed, permitting closet egocentrics like myself some living room but overall maintaining purpose in a good-hearted way. Also to be commended is the real-names policy to keep people honest and civil.

Welcome to the fold.

Last edited by Bob Hart; December 21st, 2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite