LooksBuilder failed to launch at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:54 AM   #1
New Boot
LooksBuilder failed to launch

I have magic bullet on my AE and Premiere CS5. I was using Magic bullet without any problem but suddenly one day it just stopped working. I apply the effect on a clip and when I click "edit look", the application open for a second and then it dissapears. The application is still open in my dock but it doesn't give a preview image to work with the look. I use an iMac i7. Everything is fully updated.

Is there anyone who solve this problem?

Thank you,

P.S: Sorry for my bad English!
Ilias Papaioannou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew
Hi Ilias

I had similar problem on a Windows machine. When I had an other program using same time monitor card (MSI Afterburner) and AE running with LooksBuilder. It was same with Vegas Pro, Pr and AE.

I did close MSI Afterburner and everything was ok.
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew
I run looks through fcp and sometimes it will do the same thing. I have found that if I click on edit and it does nothing, then I just have to click on the track within my sequence and it "Magically" opens. Try that or reinstall.
Brandon Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Re: LooksBuilder failed to launch

I solved similar problems by shutting down completely my virus protection program. In my case I use System Suite 11 from Avanquest. You might also want to unplug your internet cable when you do this.
Tom Fales is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite