PPRO CS5 Media Encoder takes forever! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 6th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #16
Major Player

Azadul....

Save out your final product as a Matrox AVI...
Remember, when you export, go to the "Export as Matrox" box, and don't go to the bottom right to click "OK"...

Once you've saved out the Matrox AVI, you have two choices.
A) Start a new sequence, import the Matrox AVI, and export for Youtube

or

B) Startup AME, and import the Matrox AVI and start an encode...

I've got an outdated computer, and it shouldn't take you this long to encode....You've probably got a bunch of filters that are slowing you down..

Good luck!!!
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hello Peter,

I don't see any option to save as Matrox AVI or Export to Matrox box. I am using Adobe PPro CS5.

Thanks,

Azad
Azadul Haq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Sorry I found the Matrox AVI (PPT Only) option.
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #19
Matrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Oh, don't get Harm started on anything Matrox...
I hope it's nothing too negative. lol

I've been running with the Compress HD card for youtube and Ipod vids mostly, but when I see the difference in encoding time. There isn't really anything to complain about. For the price, I'm happy with the results.
Peter Malko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #20
Trustee

the matrox compress HD SCREAMS.

if you are doing new hardware, a MXO2 + MAX might be in order. the quality and speed of the h264 encodes is amazing. there are fast encoders out there in software ( CPU based ) but the quality leave a lot to be desired. all my h264 work goes thru thru the matrox encoders now.
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #21
Regular Crew

That's interesting and encouraging. I somehow arrived at the same conclusion after reading all the posts her and other forum in the internet -:) My MX02+Max will arrive tomorrow. I will give that a try.

I ordered the desktop version. I may order the PCI card for laptop later so that I will have both options available.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Re: PPRO CS5 Media Encoder takes forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Leong View Post
For $200 for a graphics card the choice is simple: Get a 1GB GTX 460 (not the GTX 460 SE version). However, the SE version of the GTX 460 or even a regular GTS 450 is still viable if you want to (or must) spend less. The key is to get an Nvidia-based graphics card with at least 1GB of graphics RAM (preferably DDR5 memory).

For $300 or slightly above for the CPU you can get either a new Sandy Bridge i7-2600K (Socket LGA 1155) or an old-and-tried (note that "old-and-tried" simply means "proven", not "old and worn") i7-950 (LGA 1366). A good P67 chipset-based motherboard for the i7-2600K (if you don't mind the limited 20 available PCIe 2.0 lanes) costs about $180 to $190 (these "good" $180 P67 motherboards allow you to get very close to, but not quite reach, 5.0 GHz stably with the proper $30 aftermarket cooler such as a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus). If you go the older i7-950 route, you can get a $200 X58 chipset-based motherboard that's good to about 3.8 GHz in overclocked CPU speed, or you can buy a $300 X58 mobo that allows you to blow just past 4.0 GHz with the proper CPU cooling. Skip the i7-870 series CPUs (LGA 1156) and P55 motherboards; those have only 16 PCIe 2.0 full-bandwidth lanes while any additional PCIe lanes the P55 offers are restricted to half-duplex operations (and thus half-bandwidth).

And as the PPBM5 benchmark results with triple-channel i7-9xx platforms have shown, systems with 16GB of RAM in a Flex triple/single-channel configuration can outperform (and have outperformed) otherwise identical systems with 12GB of RAM in a standard triple-channel memory configuration (in CS5).

Hi Randal,

I am going to upgrade my PC as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67
CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2600K (Socket LGA 1155)
RAM: 16GB
Case: Antec 300 mid tower ATX
Power supply: Matching super quiet 1200W power supply
System Hard drive: Western Digital 2TB
Data drive #1: Western Digital 2TB
Data Drive #2: Western Digital 2TB
Video card: GTX 460 with 1GB DDR5 memory

Do you have any comments how I can make it better? Thanks for your advice.

Azad
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadul Haq View Post
Hi Randal,

I am going to upgrade my PC as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67
CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2600K (Socket LGA 1155)
RAM: 16GB
Case: Antec 300 mid tower ATX
Power supply: Matching super quiet 1200W power supply
System Hard drive: Western Digital 2TB
Data drive #1: Western Digital 2TB
Data Drive #2: Western Digital 2TB
Video card: GTX 460 with 1GB DDR5 memory

Do you have any comments how I can make it better? Thanks for your advice.

Azad
If you can spend a little more money, go for a GTX 560 or 560 Ti card since they are newer. But the GTX 460, though an older card as of now, is still viable.

Alternatively, that build does not need anywhere near a 1200W PSU. In this case, with only three physical hard drives, you can drop down to a good 750W PSU from Corsair, XFX, Seasonic or certain Antec models. This will free up the budget to either add two additional 2TB hard drives or upgrade from your planned GTX 460 to a GTX 570.

Last edited by Randall Leong; May 24th, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Randall,

Thanks for your advice. Sure, I can do that. Do you have any recommendation for a monitor and a blu ray drive? I use a HP LP2465 now and very happy with it.

Thanks,

Azad
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #25
Regular Crew

hi there,

short of getting new hardware maybe you can try lowering your bitrate. since you are only outputting to 480p , 10mbps seems a little to high for this.
change it to a lower setting and your renders will speed up even with your hardware.
Robert Baynosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #26
Trustee

Lowering the bit rate is good advise and 4Mbps should still be very good although I'm sure some will say that even 2Mbps is good for SD although I don't think I'd go that low.

Last year I really had to build a new machine because I was doing more editing and my laptop although was able to edit HD files fine, if I were to do a lot of fancy stuff, it would slow down and never mind trying to play with HD files in After Effects with that laptop. I could also use much faster rendering. Anyway, I decided to have Micro Center build a machine with the parts of my choosing and the price ended up being very good for what was inside since some of the stuff was already lower price than a lot of places and for things that were lower elsewhere such as Tiger Direct and NewEgg. they were able to price match.

That was in Massachusetts but I see that their is a store near you.
Micro Center Houston
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite