DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Same old (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/490280-same-old.html)

Bob Hart January 17th, 2011 05:23 AM

Same old

In this time of crisis, pestilence and bigtime natural disasters in this foundering world, it is re-assuring that there remain some constants - Premiere Pro, AME and all the debugging required to make it play nice, right down to the frantic stab for Control+S to get a save in when that little bit of hesitancy, indecision and slow-down heralds the inevitable crash. The new white screen looks cool though, less brutal and unsubtle than the blue one.

Before I go off half-cocked, downloading and installing patches which may or may not work, can anyone re-assure me that the connubial conflict between Neo4K and Premiere Pro CS5 has been finally resolved? It would be nice to be able to export to DVD. Still I suppose .wmv files are better than nothing and I should be grateful. Memory tasking reaches about 76%, then the stall occurs, usage drops back and ledges on a lower precentage and half of the processors go to sleep. The others peg at 100% in a tidy symettrical graph pattern on the Task Manager.

It is likely my mismanagement at play so don't take me too seriously. I often find the solution after I bitch about it.

Adam Gold January 17th, 2011 04:05 PM

I can't speak for anyone else and this is obviously only a very small anecdotal sample of one (or two), but I've had no crashes or lockups since I uninstalled all my Cineform products. And I say this sadly as a huge fan of Cineform; I really wanted it to help me.

This is true on both systems: one a dual Quad Xeon setup and one a Core i7 rig, both with plenty of RAM and lots of HDDs.

I have had not the slightest stutter from CS5 since the day it was installed, and I've installed but never used Neo 4K with CS5, save to run some tests to compare speed (detailed in other threads). CS3 was very buggy and crash prone until I started editing natively without Aspect/Prospect/Neo.

Everyone else's mileage will undoubtedly vary greatly. Really not meant to be a slam against anything Cineform, which obviously many people need and use to great benefit; just reporting my experience.

Robert Young January 18th, 2011 02:16 AM

I am using the Neo4k v 5.22 b283 release and am having no problems using it with CS5.
With the subsequent versions, both beta and the v 5.26 release, I have had problems with lock-ups and crashes, so I have stayed rolled back to v 5.22
Don't know what's going on with that & haven't seen too many others complaining- maybe just my particular system, but it does sound like you guys have had similar problems.
Thought it worth mentioning.

Bob Hart January 18th, 2011 09:24 AM

A colleague down the road is using it on a laptop and is having a good time so it must my my lottery-losing ways at play.

Otherwise it is playing sweetly on an I7 tower with effects added, so long as I remember to Control+S every now and then.

There is another little glitch which I am sure is a mismanagement thing on my part. If I enable the second monitor for fullscreen playback off the timeline, the small screen on the left goes blank grey with an arrow in the middle of it with a message "multiple clips selected". Also, individual clips on the timeline will not highlight for adding effects after the second monitor has been selected.

Robert Young January 18th, 2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Hart (Post 1608675)
There is another little glitch which I am sure is a mismanagement thing on my part. If I enable the second monitor for fullscreen playback off the timeline, the small screen on the left goes blank grey with an arrow in the middle of it with a message "multiple clips selected". Also, individual clips on the timeline will not highlight for adding effects after the second monitor has been selected.

That seems very, very strange.
I output to an HDTV for second monitor, activate it in the PPro playback settings & it all works as it should.
Maybe an issue with your graphics card????