New need a little help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 20th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New need a little help

let me just start out by saying I am on a trial version of cs5. currently I'm using Vegas and I am thinking of switching to cs5; But i am having a few issues (sorry for not searching i would be searching for days to figure it all out)

1.) I think i know the answer to this but dont know how to fix it. I have a XHA1 and when i try to import it seems to know the camera is there but says "can't control please reset". is there a preset i have to download? where do i download it? (link please)

2.) importing current Files from computer it wont pull in the audio. i tried using AVCHD as well as files from the XHA1

3)This is kind of a stupid question but i made a little video (17minutes long) went to export it ETA was 18hours does that sound right?

Thank you
Tom Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Trustee

Read the limitations of the trial version. No MPEG support, so no HDV and no AVCHD.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

well that explains it

Thanks for your help

I am assuming thats why the Audio isn't coming in?
Tom Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #4
Major Player

All is not lost, however.

While your XHA1 records HDV which is an mpeg based and specifically excluded from the trial by the fine print on Adobe's download page, there is a work-around.

Go to DVinfo sponsor Cineform's web page and download a trial version of NeoScene or NeoHD. These are fully functional trial versions that will work for 30 days. You can use NeoScene (of HD Link if you try NeoHD) to capture the video from your XHA1. Cineform will convert it to a hif-def *.avi file (on PC) or *.mov (on a Mac). The Trial version of PPro can read these files because they are no longer mpeg transport streams.

This will allow you to work with PPro enough to see if it works for you with HD files.

On your export problem --- what were you exporting to what? Just as PPro's trial version won't import or capture mpeg formats, it will not export them, either. If that was not your problem, you should scan down the threads list because (I believe) there is a recent thread about problems somebody had with exporting from PPro.

Beyond that, check your computer specs against Adobe's specifications.
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Re: New need a little help

NeoScene trial will only work for 7 days, NeoHD for 15 days.
Ann Bens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite