DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Transferring Chapter Markers between Encore Projects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/493525-transferring-chapter-markers-between-encore-projects.html)

Tim Bakland March 24th, 2011 10:50 AM

Transferring Chapter Markers between Encore Projects

Is there really and truly no way of exporting/importing chapter markers even between encore files?

My workflow involves making 2 encore projects for each project: one for DVD, one for blu-ray. (I do this because I prefer the quality of the way I compress the m2v files for the DVD version over how Encore does it.)

Anyway: long story short, my workflow is good and fast and easy EXCEPT that Encore won't let me export/import chapter markers (CS5 mind you!).

Any thoughts? Any work-arounds? I'm just trying to get the chapter markers from the DVD timeline to export/import into the bluray version. I've even tried doing this all within one project. But the problem is, UNLIKE dvdsp, you can't just copy/paste a timeline and have it keep its chapter points when you change the video within it.

Peter Manojlovic March 25th, 2011 06:45 PM

Re: Transferring Chapter Markers between Encore Projects

Sorry Tim...

I asked the same question in the Adobe forums. No dice.
It would've been nice to have a Text based export (whether from Ppro, or Encore), and simply import the text as chapter markers.
It should be simple enough for the programmers of Encore to do...

Unfortunately, this needs to be filed in a feature request.
Since i'm on CS4, it's pretty well moot...

I've gotten used to writing down all my chapter markers..It's a PIA...Even the Dynamic linking isn't respected in my case..

Take care, and good luck!!!

Tim Bakland March 26th, 2011 01:33 PM

Thanks Peter. You confirmed my fears. I really can't believe they haven't programmed that, even through 5 versions. Oh well -- hopefully in an update not to far down the road...

Tim Bakland April 21st, 2011 08:06 PM

What about with the recent Encore (5.5) ?

I wonder if they've added easier importing of chapters (quicktime to encore.... encore to encore copy/paste)

Ann Bens April 22nd, 2011 01:36 PM

You cannot move the chaper markers around (nor in 5.5). I export my HD timeline to mpeg2-dvd (m2v) and H.264 Bluray (m4v) both with markers. Imported these files into Encore and the markers show in Encore as wel in the dvd timeline as the BD timeline. I do not use DL as it messes up the fields.

Peter Manojlovic April 22nd, 2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Bens (Post 1641950)
I export my HD timeline to mpeg2-dvd (m2v) and H.264 Bluray (m4v) both with markers. Imported these files into Encore and the markers show in Encore as wel in the dvd timeline as the BD timeline.

Sorry Ann...
Where is the option for this?? Is it in the XML info?
What you're saying is that your M2V's have chapter marker information stored for Encore usage?

Where in AME is this option offered?
I'm still on CS4 BTW..

Thanx...

Ann Bens April 23rd, 2011 01:56 PM

No you are right, no markers in CS4. Just tested it myselfe.
CS5 no problem.