DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Cs 5 vs 5.5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/495280-cs-5-vs-5-5-a.html)

Randy Johnson April 30th, 2011 03:13 PM

Cs 5 vs 5.5

I think its great Adobe updated all their apps but I only really care about Premiere Pro and maybe Encore. Is there a dumbed downn list somewhere that shows excatly whats new in Premiere CS 5.5? I am mainly about performance and work flow now not so much CUDA but I just want fast AVCHD editing.

Ann Bens May 1st, 2011 09:02 AM

Re: Cs 5 vs 5.5

improved trial version for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 Premiere Pro work area
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5: What’s new and changed Premiere Pro work area
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html
Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5: What’s new and changed Premiere Pro work area

Encore stays pretty much the same.

David Dwyer May 1st, 2011 11:25 AM

So is CS5.5 just an paid update file or is it a complete new install?

Harm Millaard May 1st, 2011 12:39 PM

New install.

Randy Johnson May 1st, 2011 01:39 PM

Thanks thats the info I was looking for. BTW does anyone know if the CUDA engine is used in Encore for rendering? If not I guess I need to render in Premiere before bringing it into Encore?

Harm Millaard May 1st, 2011 03:33 PM

Randy,

I have not tried it, so I'm not 100% sure, but logic says Encore does not use hardware MPE. Just as AE does not use hardware MPE, even though AE is 64 bit.

Why?

1. Encore is still a 32 bit application with all the inherent limitations.
2. Hardware MPE is only used for some transitions, effects, blending, scaling and blurring.
3. Encoding is NOT hardware assisted. It is purely a CPU matter.

Randy Johnson May 1st, 2011 10:40 PM

I understand why it doesnt but dont you think it should? I mean if I have a Premiere time line then I use Dynamic link to go to Encore to make the DVD doesnt Encore have to do the rendering?

Robert Baynosa May 2nd, 2011 06:21 PM

so do you guys see any compelling reason to upgrade?

Randy Johnson May 2nd, 2011 06:30 PM

Not for me.

Bo Skelmose May 3rd, 2011 12:05 AM

Getting Adobe audition in a newer version would be my only reason for uograding - but I can wait for the next Premiere upgrade.

Steve Kalle May 3rd, 2011 02:11 AM

I swear that I read about automatic audio syncing just like Plural Eyes.

Check out the auto-stabilizing effect in AE - it is AMAZING!

AME can now encode to multiple formats - NO need for Telestream, Squeeze or other costly encoders.

EDIT: I take my last comment back. I read about its Watch folders. ALL of this is currently available in CS5. I usually defend Adobe but this is ridiculous.

Todd Kopriva May 3rd, 2011 02:30 AM

> I swear that I read about automatic audio syncing just like Plural Eyes.

You can synch according to timecode, numbered markers, or In or Out points.

Ann has already provided links to my posts with the details of what's new and changed. I'm happy to answer any questions about the new and changed features.

One thing to note is that the trial version of Premiere Pro CS5.5 is fully functional (unlike in the past), so you can see for yourself whether it's worth upgrading for you.

Todd Kopriva May 3rd, 2011 02:32 AM

Actually, it looks like Ann didn't give the details for what's new and changed in After Effects CS5.5, so here's that link.

Randy Johnson May 3rd, 2011 03:15 PM

Actually I did read about a automatic lip sync feature in CS 5.5 like the one thats going to be in the new FCP X. Its a shamee that a company like pluar eyes makes such a nice piece of software just to be made obsolete shortly after its release. you guys remember a company called United Media they made a program called "multi-cam" It had way too little way too late and cost way too much but it was made obsolete when companies started integrating multi-cam features right into the software without the need for a plug-in.

Brian Parker May 6th, 2011 11:00 AM

Does the Plural Eyes software truly sync files automatically just by looking at the waveform? If it does then that would be better than the CS5/5.5 method of manually adding markers to each audio clip in the timeline and then using the "Sync" command.