Previewing HD on second monitor - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Re: Previewing HD on second monitor

I am using CS5 on a desktop system. I had been under the impression that MPE compatible graphics cards were extremely expensive so good news that an affordable alternative is available. For my current projects, I probably don't need the MPE card as editing and scrubbing through the timeline seems very smooth on the current system. That may change depending on the complexity of future projects.

Also helpful to know about Encore previews, thanks for the information.

Neil
Neil Grubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Nvidia GTX580 graphics card has 2 x DVIs and 1 x HDMI.

Going from an ATI HD 4890 and CS4 to GTX580 and CS5, and requiring a third monitor the Nvidia card gave me this option rather than to get bogged down in Matrox solutions. I try to avoid add on hardware when it comes to Adobe.

:)
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #48
Major Player

Claire:

I did not know that the 580 could run 3 simultaneous displays. The previous models of nVidia cards would only allow 2 active outputs at a time (i.e., 2 DVI or 1 DVI with the HDMI).

Would you please provide more details. I am curious if this would work for me.

For instance, which 580 card are you using? How have you cabled to the screens and what kinds of screens are you using? (Are you running 2 computer monitors from DVI and an HDTV off an HDMI port? Three computer monitors?)

Are you spanning your computer desktop across the three screens or are you feeding separate displays to each or, maybe, spanning across two screens and using the third as your timeline monitor? I am asking because I do a lot of multi-cam work and find it useful to have my main editing screen in front of me, the 4-way multi-cam window displayed full screen on a second monitor on one side and, on the other side, a full screen timeline playback monitor with an HDTV showing a YUV display of the edit. I have been looking at a video card upgrade and am curious if I can do this without an MXO2 mini.

Do you calibrate the monitors? If so, what do you use for calibration?
Jay West is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite