Installing CS5.5 Trial Gives 4 Errors and 2 Warnings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Installing CS5.5 Trial Gives 4 Errors and 2 Warnings

I've tried installing the CS5.5 Trial on 2 different computers and 3 different installations of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, all with identical results: The installation completes, and the software seems to work fine, but the installer gives the following 4 errors and 2 warnings:

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 2 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {CFA46C39-C539-4BE9-9364-495003C714AD} Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0 2.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {2EE4F060-CEE6-4002-AA8B-91B791541767} Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF035: CreateAlias:Icon file does not exist at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5.5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6\windows\pb_app.icofile:\\\C:\PIXELB~1\source\winwood\Staging 0X1.6E778DP-1018rea\windows\pb_app.ico42178f80493091e8e552c84a2897e9da68fce32_32_f80493091e8e552c84a2897e9da68fc e for icon C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Production Premium CS5.5\Adobe Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6.lnk with target C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS5.5\Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.6\Pixel Bender Toolkit.exe(Seq 89)

----------- Payload: {7202D4A7-F7E6-4e7a-B77D-7B1C4E8B5CA6} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 10.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\Editor\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallAX.exe, command: -install activex -msi

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\Editor\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallAX.exe, command: -install activex -msi

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050: - Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've run the installer as Administrator, I've run it with my anti-virus software turned off, and I've installed it on a completely fresh Windows installation... but I always get the same 4 errors and 2 warnings!

What's going on?
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Installing CS5.5 Trial Gives 4 Errors and 2 Warnings

I don't know...corrupt download file maybe? Try downloading again and if that also gives the same error, check with Adobe support.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Major Player

I tried the download, and the DVD versions... same/same. I'll ask Adobe Technical Support on Tuesday, if no one can help me with an answer here.
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I know about the Flash Player error: it happens because you've updated the flash player on the machine you're installing CS5.5 on to a more recent version than the one which the CS5.5 is trying to install. You can ignore it. There's an Adobe KB article about this:

Error ?There were problems with your installation?? | Creative Suite 5.5, Flash Professional CS5.5 | Windows

HTH

Mark
Mark Morreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the link, Mark. Ok... down to 3 errors and 2 warnings! :-)
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Trustee

I got similar error reports after installing the full paid upgrade version from the factory DVDs.
I tried reinstalling again with Norton antivirus, etc. turned off, got the same error messages.
So I've just plowed ahead using the CS5.5 software, and as near as I can tell it's all working fine.
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks, Bob. Like you, I've been using all the applications during the trial period, and they seem to work -- or at least run. My only concern was that they would somehow cease to work properly when I enter in the educational serial number, that I'm buying from my educational facility in a couple of weeks, and the trial converts to a fully licensed install.
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #8
Trustee

It's really hard to know if the "install errors" are just trivial, or not.
I've been using PPro, Photoshop, Encore, AE, AME, and Audition without any glitches.
I've decide to not be very concerned about it unless something comes up.
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #9
Trustee

I'm getting similar errors and warnings although I didn't write down what they were. Do you have CS5 installed or any prior versions of any Adobe programs? I found that CS5 absolutely must be uninstalled before installing 5.5 which caused major errors the first time I tried installing. After installation on 2 PCs, I have been getting Visual C or Visual Library runtime errors when I use AE. So far, I have had very bad experiences with 5.5. After really thinking about it, I might just sell my MC CS5.5 upgrades. There really isn't anything special about 5.5 that makes me want to waste any more time trying to get it to work properly. I am sick and tired of various problems with trying to upgrade Adobe products as something similar happened when upgrading CS4 to CS5 which took me an entire day to fix.

Btw, I have tried the Warp Stabilizer several times with a few clips and it doesn't work as great as Adobe would like you to think. The WS is one of the main reasons I upgraded and its just not worth it unless you want to spend a couple hours of re-analyzing because it occurs every time you change a parameter which happens many many times in order to get the motion and warping just right. Otherwise, you will have what looks like rolling shutter all over the place.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:41 AM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kalle View Post
Do you have CS5 installed or any prior versions of any Adobe programs? I found that CS5 absolutely must be uninstalled before installing 5.5 which caused major errors the first time I tried installing. After installation on 2 PCs, I have been getting Visual C or Visual Library runtime errors when I use AE.
I did uninstall the entire Production Premium CS5 Suite prior to installing CS5.5
In spite of the error/warning messages, everything seems to work really well.
Premiere seems to be little different for Cineform projects, but definitely seems smoother, more snappy for native AVCHD editing. This was my motive for the upgrade.
I haven't used AE 5.5 a lot, but I have opened several prior AE projects. AE easily converts them to the CS5.5 format and they open & operate normally.
RE Warp Stabilizer- I've watched several tutorials on it's use. It seems to be a powerful & complex tool.
I'm sure there are situations where it will do the best job, but honestly, I am getting such satisfactory (and quick) results with Mercalli Pro V. 2.0 plug-in that I haven't used any other tracking software lately.
Some of my projects are nearly completely handheld- Mercalli 2.0 enhances their production value enormously, with minimal impact on editing time or image quality.
I doubt that I will use WS very often.
Overall, I am happy with the upgrade to CS5.5 & have no regrets.
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:59 AM   #11
Wrangler

I've done one install so far of CS5.5 and that was on a laptop that already had CS5.0.3 on it. Both were download versions of Master Collection.

The install went flawlessly; I got no error messages and both PPro versions work properly. So there must be more to the story.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite