Audio Video Sync Issue In Premiere Pro CS5 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Audio Video Sync Issue In Premiere Pro CS5

Hi Marty. I did try and return your call but got no answer. I left a message. No I have not solved the problem completey. What has worked for me is re-importing the very same video from my hard drive back into P. Pro. CS5.5. Some videos work and are in sync the 1st time I import them while others I've had to re-import as many as 3 times. I don't why it works and syncs sometimes on the 1st try and others it take more imports. Hope this helps. Let us know please. Thanks.

Larry
Larry Kropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:34 AM   #17
Tourist

I work with Adobe CS5.0.3 and I had the exact same problem of audio going out of sync with the video. For me it helped to

1) clean the media cache and
2) then reload the footage in a new Premiere project.

When I imported the footage in the same project, the problem still occured.
Toon Verlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #18
Inner Circle

OK I'll add my beef to this one

I've been using Premiere Pro 1.5 for years (with a Matrox RTX card) and never had a synch issue editing footage from 2 or 3 cameras

I've now upgraded to CS5.5 and my system (i7/24GB RAM/CUDA Card/Dedicated 7200 hard drives for my media) and capturing HDV gives me no end of synch issues - it seems to randomly go out of synch while capturing - really is proving to be be time consuming to constantly re-synch

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #19
Inner Circle

So I've captured a 30 minute HDV segment of wedding speeches (from mini-DV tape) in premiere and it drifts out of synch by the end - I've captured the same segment using HDV and it's spot on!!!!

So this free application does better than Premiere CCS5.5 that cost me $800!!!

The only thing I'm unsure about is that instead of .mpeg format it's a .m2t wrapper and windows sees it as AVCHD Video - has the video been converted or is it still MPEG2?

Cast any light anyone?
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #20
Major Player

No its still mpeg2. Windows does not see it correctly.
Ann Bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #21
Inner Circle

I had two machines, one did this and one didn't - and the solution was a new audio driver - for some reason the out of sync problem wasn't the conventional slippage. What got me onto the solution was a physical hand clap in one of the sequences - zooming right in showed the hands touching at exactly the same place as the visible spike in the audio track, yet I was hearing delay. So it dawned on me that the problem could be driver related. The sound card in the PC was a 4 channel prodigy 192 card previously used in an updated sound studio machine, and the latency on this card was the reason for the problem. Updating the driver brought picture and sound back into line. Could this also be your problem, I wonder?
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Well so much for HDV split - as soon as my nicely synched clips are imported into Premiere - it puts them out of synch - why is this a problem for so many people yet Adobe are not providing a fix?
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #23
Major Player

I've responded in the other thread you started.
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #24
Major Player

Sorry, I forgot to link to the other thread.

Here's what I asked in the other thread.

First question: have you let PPro finish conforming all of the the audio before you start trying to play back the imported HDVSplit file? If not, try doing that and check if that helps with the problem.

Second question: have you called or e-mailed Adobe help? (My experience is that they are usually responsive but slow; maybe you've tried this and not been helped?)

Third, have you checked the system audio drivers as Paul suggested in the other thread. Concurrently, have you checked the audio hardware settings under Preferences in PPro? Do you have choices there? What happens if you change the hardware choices.

Fourth, have you cleaned the media cache?

Fifth, have you gone into the project settings and set your scratch disks for some place other than C:\Users\etc. Specifically, are your scratch disks on one of your 7200 RPM media drives rather than the C: drive?

Finally, do you have some sharp point in the sound track that you can compare to the video as Paul suggested? This would tell you pretty quickly is the audio is being processed incorrectly (your audio peaks are off from where they should be) or if it is a playback issue.

None of this should be taken as any kind of criticism. The point of all this is to try to narrow down where the problem is occurring on your system.
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #25
Inner Circle

OK I can see where it's going wrong but not why - I have a couple of drop outs on some tapes and this is where it's loosing synch for Premiere

When I play the clip in media player however, synch remains intact before and after the dropout when played, - so why can't premiere keep it in synch?
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Yep, I have the same problems. Using VLC Media player everything is in sync. PPro =Out of Sync
I went and bought a sound card instead of using onboard audio and that did nothing. Tried to clear the Media cache (at least I think I did it?)

Really hoping for an answer on this? Hoping CS6 works better in this area?
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #27
Inner Circle

Hi All - As Adobe haven't released an update that fixes this does anyone know if it is still an issue in CS6?

If it's fixed in 6 I'll upgrade as it's costing me a ton of time having to re-synch!

Pete
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
Hi All - As Adobe haven't released an update that fixes this does anyone know if it is still an issue in CS6?
Audio sync is a problem with corrupted mpeg2 transport stream files. Most m2ts files captured from HDV tape through firewire are corrupt in some way. The free program ProjectX can fix the errors to maintain audio sync.

.: Project-X DVB demux Tool :. Main Page
Eric Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #29
Inner Circle

Hi Eric - you may well be right there but I have a trial version of Pinnacle Studio that costs about $50 that captures the same video without any errors - I also can capture the same footage using Windows Movie Maker - again without errors

My system was purpose built to more than meet Adobe's spec.

Reading this thread it's def a Premiere Issue

Pete
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
Reading this thread it's def a Premiere Issue
The first audio packet of a raw m2ts stream off an HDV camera is generally missing or corrupt. This results in a random initial sync error of up to 1 second. If there is a tape dropout, audio video sync will shift again. ProjectX scans through an m2ts file and corrects the damaged audio packets. The result is a repaired file which will not lose audio sync, even when the audio and video are processed as separate streams. As you've noticed, among the major video editors, Premier is the only one affected by this.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite