CS3.2 and Neoscene advice wanted! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Major Player

CS3.2 and Neoscene advice wanted!

My present circumstances require me to be quickly be tutored in order to learn how to use Neoscene with Premiere CS 3.2 so please bear with me. My main questions have to do with what settings are best suited for the source footage and ultimately the end product.

Source footage on master timeline is Canon A1s HDV @60i
Length is around 47 minutes/heavily edited.
Final destination is SD 16:9 (widescreen) to MPEG-2 Dvd

My first successful attempt did not include interlacing the footage when exporting as "movie" to Cineform AVI. Should I have? Would I have obtained better results considering the end product? Please, what are your thoughts on that?

Is it proper to choose the timebase as 29.97 fps instead of 59.94 or 60.00?

What surprised me is the relatively huge amount of HD space taken by the resulting file considering I only selected the "'High HD" setting in Cineform which is not even in the middle of the quality hierarchy. Almost 49 gigs !! Compare that to using the best quality setting with Adobe Media Encoder rendered as an MPEG which roughly 20 gigs less.

I was quite dissappointed with what Neoscene did to the opening series of slides as the vibrancy/appearance took quite a hit.

Also, I do not know if this can be done.

Can one save sequences independent of projects?

Is there a way to:

Export a HDV Sequence (while open on the timeline) in a 60i project to a new project or:

Or after saving that project, import it into a new 16:9 wide-screen NTSC SD project? I can't have Premiere Pro launched simultaneously twice right?

Any advice regarding settings and solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: CS3.2 and Neoscene advice wanted!

Usually workflow would be:
Capture footage with Neoscene
Put it in a HDV 60i timeline
Export to mpeg2-dvd with upper field.
Cineform files are huge, but HDD is realtive cheap these days.
If you want beter dvd quality follow these quidelines.
Bellune Digital Video Services - Tutorials - hd2sd - High Quality Scaling From HD to SD
Ann Bens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite