Capture Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 26th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Capture Problem

The Problem:
Video image doesn't show up in capture window as the capture is in progress.

Premiere captures the video clip just fine: It shows up in the preview window when added to the project but the capture window is black during capture (or playback). I CAN hear the audio track during capture. (The window does switch to the correct aspect ratio when capturing, though... but it remains black.)

The Details:
Canon XL2, 16:9 / 24P / 2:3- All settings in Premiere match the footage.

Critical Info:
This is on a brand new machine. I had no problems on my old machine with the same settings. The new machine has better... everything. Storage space, video card, memory... you name it.

Something Odd:
A button shows up on the new machine that doesn't appear on the old one. (Which is odd... it's exactly the same software... same disc!)

Under Project >> Project Settings >> Capture... There is a button under the line that says "Capture module installed" that is labeled: DV Settings. The options are previewing audio / video on desktop during capturing / previewing. Trouble is, changing the settings doesn't make a bit of difference.

Adobe online help has been as useful as a cement life-preserver.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Eric Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try this, when the capture starts and you hear the audio, select the capture window and move it on the screen just a bit. Sounds crazy, but the same thing happens to me sometimes. All I do is move the window and the video shows up.
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks! I'll give it a try. After years of experience with inexplicable computer problems, your solution doesn't sound crazy at all!
Old September 12th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi there!! i've recently found screen capture tool that is an easy and fastest way to take video screen captures from Windows screen.Its quite nice tool, i have checked!!! http://www.geovid.com/Screen_VidShot/
Sergey Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey Bosh
i've recently found screen capture tool that is an easy and fastest way to take video screen captures from Windows screen.
http://www.downloadfast.com/details.php?did=10821

Rather convenient that you happen to be the author of the program you "found", isn't it?
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

"Screen capture"? That's not even close to what I was talking about, anyway.

Moving the capture window didn't work but the solution that worked for me was to minimize the Premiere main window and then maximize it again: problem solved.

Frikkin' computers... *sheesh*
Old February 21st, 2006, 11:30 PM   #7
New Boot

Same problem here...

I just started having this problem tonight for the first time. I have been using PPro 1.5 since it first came out, and have never had a problem with the monitor window during capture.

But... for some reason (or maybe none at all) the window in the capture module will NOT display the video being captured. I have an external monitor plugged in and am using it to mark my in/out points, so I guess I can live with it, but stuff like this just drives me NUTS!

As I said, I have captured hundreds of hours of video with no problem until tonight. I have checked all my settings, and have made no software or hardware changes since my last capture (2 days ago).

I have tried the solutions on this thread to no avail. Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks...jb
Joe Bulleit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM   #8
Major Player

If you have downloaded the HDV plugin thingy, your capture might be set to a HD camera source.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite