DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How do I contact support for ProDAD Mercalli? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/500479-how-do-i-contact-support-prodad-mercalli.html)

Nigel Barker September 8th, 2011 02:31 PM

How do I contact support for ProDAD Mercalli?

I am evaluating Premiere Pro CS5.5 on Mac OS X & downloaded the demo version of the stablisation plug-in ProDAD Mercalli V2 & was so impressed that I paid $249 for the standalone & plugin versions for Windows & Mac. As it turns out there is no standalone version for Mac but that is by the by. The very big problem that I have is that I cannot unlock the demo version that puts a pink cross on the image & cannot contact anyone at ProDAD to get some help.

I removed every last trace of Mercalli I could find. I have removed & re-installed Mercalli & Premiere several times. I do not get an UnlockMercalli program installed as described in the PDF manual & help but the whole description of installation & registration in the manual, help & FAQ doesn't match up with what I see anyway e.g. I cannot register the product for "free email technical support" because there is no 'Registration' button

The problem is that there is apparently no way of contacting ProDAD technical support or obtaining any support for this product. The emails with download link & serial number came from element5.com who appear to be just handling the on-line shop. I am directed to www.prodad.com for technical support but as far as I can see there is no help there beyond a few FAQs. I can find no way of raising a support ticket, no support forum, not even an email address. This is crazy for a moderately expensive & very sophisticated software product.

This has been the most frustrating exercise that from some other forum posts that I found while Googling others have had severe difficulties getting any support for Mercalli.

Please does anyone have a way of contacting ProDAD support? At present I have a non-functioning piece of software that I cannot get fixed or even figure out how to get a refund.

Bo Skelmose September 8th, 2011 03:32 PM

Re: How do I contact support for ProDAD Mercalli?

Hi
Did you not get an email fra Pro-dad - on that there is a download link where you should download your software :) - dont use the trials -as far as I remember.

Nigel Barker September 8th, 2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Skelmose (Post 1680740)
Hi
Did you not get an email fra Pro-dad - on that there is a download link where you should download your software :) - dont use the trials -as far as I remember.

I didn't get an email from ProDAD but from element5.com who appear to handle the on-line shop & fulfilment for ProDAD (five emails in fact!). There was a download link from which I downloaded the software that I installed. There was also a serial number.

Bo Skelmose September 8th, 2011 03:49 PM

Did you reinstall the plugin in premiere after you got rid of the trial?
As far as I remember, I had some kind of trouble back when I installed it too.
Have you tried to reset premiere - hold down two buttoms when you start premiere - dont remember which - maybe ctrl-shift or alt-shift.
You have installed the plug-in version - right ?

Nigel Barker September 9th, 2011 05:40 AM

A poster on another forum gave me the link to a support form on the ProDAD website that I obviously missed as it is so well hidden. I entered details of my problem & had an email reply this morning & was sent me a link to an unlocked Mac version that installs & works great.

If anyone else has problems contacting ProDAD support here is the link for the support form on the ProDAD website Contact also here is the email address customerservice@prodad.com