DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Can't Burn Blu-Ray (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/500680-cant-burn-blu-ray.html)

Michael Clark September 14th, 2011 02:06 PM

Can't Burn Blu-Ray

I recently filmed a wedding, edited in Premiere CS5, and encoded to MPEG-Blu-Ray (.m2v files). I created a project in Encore CS5 and clicked Build when I was ready. After it built the menus, it started the burn. However, before it began, I received a "Blue-ray Error device not ready Code 3 note AS storage error -97060" message. There is hardly anything online about this. I have a Pioneer BDR-206 12x burner, and am using Verbatim 25GB BD-R discs. I also tried some Optical Quantum 25GB 4x discs, with the same error. I then updated the firmware of the burner. The project is only 14GB. I've heard that having long file names can sometimes mess things up, but all mine are less than 10 characters. I also tried building a blu-ray folder, and burning that in Nero 10, but still got bad results. My guess is that it's the burner, but I can successfully burn DVDs with it. I've also used the same verbatim discs successfully. I can't even do a disk error check in windows, because of a non-descriptive error. I wish there were more on this error in the manual. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Peter Manojlovic September 14th, 2011 05:20 PM

Re: Can't Burn Blu-Ray

Shot in the dark here.....

Go to the Encore launcer, right click>run as administrator, and try the build...
Most people prefer to create ISO's or Folders, and then burn with separate software...

Michael Clark September 14th, 2011 06:05 PM

Thanks for the reply! I should've mentioned in my original post that I start the program with Run as Administrator, and have also tried burning an ISO into Nero and IMGBurn.

Peter Manojlovic September 14th, 2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Clark (Post 1682124)
Thanks for the reply! I should've mentioned in my original post that I start the program with Run as Administrator, and have also tried burning an ISO into Nero and IMGBurn.

Sorry, i don't understand.
Have you actually created an ISO of Folder, and then attempted to use Nero or IMGBurn?
Or are you also getting these errors on building?

Michael Clark September 14th, 2011 07:58 PM

I have tried both Folders and Images. They build in Encore fine (seemingly). It's when I go to write that I've been getting the problems. Latest attempt - burning an image in IMGBurn. I got the error message "Power Calibration Area Error".

Peter Manojlovic September 14th, 2011 08:48 PM

Google is your friend..

Hopefully your drive isn't bunked...
But nonetheless, as long as it's not an Encore issue, it's one less headache to worry about.