Adobe Suite PRICING - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #46
Major Player

Re: Adobe Suite PRICING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
At worst, register it to an address in the USA. In the end you still have your legal copy of the software.

Andrew
That's just it. It needs to be registered to the companies address not some other foreign address:)
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Just a reminder that I believe tomorrow is the last day of Adobe's half price SWITCH pricing for CS5.5 Production Premium.

As it happens I bought CS 5.5 Production Premium for my Mac Pro just over a month ago but have been so busy with clients existing FCS2 projects I've not had time to look at PremPro - until tonight! In the last month I've watched a few of the Adobe TV video online tutorials - but that's been it.

Well, tonight in just 2 hours I had thrown 1080p25 XDCAM EX3, Canon 7D 1080p25 H.264 and Panasonic TM900 1080p50 AVCHD2 clips and some still pics into a timeline, done some very basic editing/keyframing/motion tracking etc., added a soundtrack and had a good look around. The 2nd hour was really just trying various settings in Media Encoder and watching for the quality differences in the 10 versions I'd rendered out. I love the way you can use Bridge to preview media too when deciding what to bring into the project bin. Man, renders are really, really fast on this 8 core Mac Pro! It seems amazingly intuitive for a FCS2 user although there are still lots of things I haven't worked out yet... obviously! I've seen things I already prefer compared to FCP and a few things which are perhaps more clunky - but that might just be that I have not sussed it out properly yet.

So for all you FCS2&3 users sitting on the fence worried about the learning curve, my advice is don't worry! One other thing I found out today is that you can install a copy of CS 5.5 on a laptop too (i.e. like FCS which allowed one desktop and one laptop installation). So my MBP might see it very soon.

Sure you'll all read posts from me on here in the coming weeks and months as I try and work out even some simple things (or so it will seem to you seasoned PPro users, no doubt!) but my immediate impressions are extremely encouraging. I suspect I'll be up to speed for commercial work with CS 5.5 faster than I had dared hope. It's a good start. Can't wait to try Audition, AE etc...
Old November 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Re: Adobe Suite PRICING (The Result!)

Just a quick update on this. After several more weeks of solid work on existing FCP projects, I finally got some time to really try out Prod Premium CS5.5 last week and within 24 hrs I finished my first commercial project using it (XDCAM EX1 footage - not shot by me - being delivered to the client soon). I'm now also well on my way in editing a much more complex project using 1080p50 AVCHD2 files out of my Panasonic TM900 (which I shot over a few days a while back at an exhibition in the SECC in Glasgow).

It's been a joy. Everything works so well (and so FAST!) and no matter what kind of footage I throw at the timeline, it just handles it with ease.

I've rarely had to scratch my head for more than a few minutes trying to work out how to do things (that are otherwise easily accomplished when I use FCS2 on this Mac Pro - or indeed Vegas on my Windows 7 i7 box). It's clear to me that (within days, certainly within a couple of weeks) I'll be able to work so much faster with this NLE. Already, of the 3 NLE's in my editing bay, Prod Premium CS5.5 is definitely my favourite. Round tripping with AE works faultlessly (but I've not even scratched the surface of AE's capabilities yet!). Best thing I've spent money on for my business all year. It's great to see all 8 cores on this Mac Pro (and all the RAM I have) being used - at last!! :-)
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #49
Equal Opportunity Offender

Ooh. I know that feeling.

It always satisfying to see each and every core on a hyper-threaded hex-core i7 being flogged at maximum capacity. It also feels good to software render an hour of video to mpeg2 for DVD in just 6 minutes.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite