Help with Export Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 12th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help with Export Settings

Could some kind soul help me fill in CS5s Export Settings box please ? I need to export a 4 mins CS5 project file to an HD .mov file. The project file is .MP4 1920 x 1080 (1.0) 25 fps Progressive 48 Hz Stereo. I want to end up with a manageably sized 1920 x 1080 .mov file. I want to use H.264. How do I fill in the Export Media Settings box ? I'm unsure of the difference between Format and Codec, what to put for Quality and whether to tick the Match Sequence Settings box....
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Help with Export Settings

Not positive on this, but since you want to end up with a .mov file, you would begin with QuickTime as the format, and then for codec, use H.264 or MPEG-4

Hope this gets you going the right direction

Jeff
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Help with Export Settings

Thanks Jeff. Yes I've got that far - QuickTime format and H264 Codec seems right. Its adjusting the Quality slider that I'm hazy about. I have it at 50% but I don't really know what that means or whether it's the right percentage.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite