DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Plural Eyes doesn't work with Windows CS5.5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/501595-plural-eyes-doesnt-work-windows-cs5-5-a.html)

Greg Clark October 14th, 2011 07:29 AM

Plural Eyes doesn't work with Windows CS5.5

The program sounds great. In reality it aligns the multi tracks sometimes and sometimes leaves the sequences the original way. The only consistent is that Plural Eyes stretches the video which is a strange occurrence. Singular doesn't want to reply to my concerns. Has anyone else had these problems and found a solution?

Noa Put October 14th, 2011 08:05 AM

re: Plural Eyes doesn't work with Windows CS5.5

I work with premiere cs5 and edius pro 5.5, unfortunately plural eyes only works with edius 6 so I tried the trial for premiere. Actually Plural eyes made a big mess from a simple timeline, I just had one track of several videorecordings and an equal amount of zoom h1 recordings (also one track)
I placed all the clips the way the were recorded hoping PE could sync them up easily but maybe 20% got synced up. I also found the workflow quite a hassle as you had to ex- and import. Maybe when I upgrade to edius 6 I will try the trial again, hopefully it works better and without the use of exporting, otherwise I"m better off syncing manually.

Bruce Sharpe October 18th, 2011 07:43 PM

Re: Plural Eyes doesn't work with Windows CS5.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Clark (Post 1688607)
Singular doesn't want to reply to my concerns.

Greg, we did reply to your support request and asked for some specific information so that we could investigate the problem. Did you get that message?

PluralEyes is widely used with CS5.5 and we are not aware of anything that would cause a stretching problem. So we need to know more about your project to track down the cause.

Bruce
Singular Software

Wesley Cardone October 19th, 2011 01:21 PM

The stretching is an anomaly I have learned to live with. ALL synced footage has to manually unstretched. I thought for sure Singular knew about that. It seems to me I read about it somewhere.

Sometimes PluralEyes works great and other times it is a waste of time. Where it works best for my applications (and earns its keep) is for syncing footage where the audio is only different because it comes from different microphones. For example, footage taken by multiple cameras at a wedding reception is an example of where PluralEyes earns its keep and I would buy it again for.

Where it is problematic is with wedding ceremony footage where I run somewhat different audio into the various camera inputs. The musicians might get the left channel of one camera, the officiant the right channel of another, and so on. It just does not work in my case for this type of footage.

A larger issue, though, is that the last couple of releases don't work at all in CS5.5. I am only able to use the original release that I bought last spring. All subsequent releases refuse to invoke to completion. I read in the Singular forum or faq about checking the NET software but mine is in agreement with whtat they require so that is not the problem.

I figure it only cost $150 so you should expect to get what you paid for. It works well enough for me.

Greg Clark October 19th, 2011 05:09 PM

Wes I have sent log files etc. to Singular and they have replied that they are looking into my concern with stretching and other abnormalities with CS5.5. I will keep you informed to what they suggest. Bottom line is this program has the potential to saving time if it works with Premiere.

Bruce Pelley October 19th, 2011 06:26 PM

Copied and pasted:

"The stretching is an anomaly I have learned to live with. ALL synced footage has to manually unstretched."

I manually sync footage all the time and this concept is new to me.

How do I manually "unstretch" synced footage and why is this necessary in your view?

How is visual quality impacted?