Output settings for Broadcast in CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Output settings for Broadcast in CS5

What settings in CS5 are you using for content that is going to broadcast? For example a :30 second TV spot shot in HD 1080p 30fps, What format etc.. would you send to the TV station for the best results? I have noticed some of the things that I have sent lately don't look as good as they should. I'm wondering is it me or is the Station doing something to them on their end?
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Output settings for Broadcast in CS5

Hi
It depends.... on what system they have. I have struggled with this for years. Bad looking pictures, delay in the sound, very compressed audio. Sometimes wrong field order. It all depends on who was importing it into their AVID system. I delivered SD Quicktime DVWide lower field. This was what they could import into AVID - with theese different erors.
P2 files exported from premiere cannot be read by AVID. Although Panasonic equipment can.
H264 they must have a very new AVID sytem - then maybe they can but they did not want it..
XDCam mxf. (MPEG2 MXF) from premiere seems to be a problem in AVID - it will not recognize it.

I would say that you should deliver a standard interlaced 1920x1080 file - most of them do not know how to handle progressive material.
Codec ? - I dont know.....
You must have them to say what they can import.

Best of luck..
Bo
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite