Cuda acceleration not keeping up... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Cuda acceleration not keeping up...

This has surprisingly become a problem in my most recent project...

Just some background, the machine has a sandybridge 2600k, 16GB of kingston, and a quadro 2000.

I routinely composite effects in After Effects, and when you round trip clips from Pr -> AE, you get a dynamic link. When I edited on my laptop, I would always have to render the sequence (which took a while) but it would always play back smoothly at 50% quality while editing.

Now, Im on this nicer desktop and the dynamic link section on the timeline requires no rendering because of the cuda acceleration. However, when I play it back and it hits the AE link part, it lags BADLY and will not play it back. I dont mind rendering sections like this out - any way to turn off the CUDA acceleration default and switch to rendering, or am I missing some setting within premiere?

Any help is appreciated....
Justin Molush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Cuda acceleration not keeping up...

At least regarding the roundtrip from AE - Pr, that clip will not be accelerated by the mercury playback engine (Geforce GPU with cuda cores like your Quadro). Maybe applying GPU effects on that modified AE clip will be "accelerated" but since it's modified in AE, it probably won't be.

I think if you turn on GPU rendering or hardware mercury playback engine / MPE, it will be on for the entire project. It's just clips that come from AE won't benefit from your Quadro 2000 gpu (from a MPE perspective)
Allan Tabilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 03:50 AM   #3
Major Player

You can mark the sequence with work area beginning and end and choose "Render work area". I use it so often, that I have even assigned it a shortcut of shift+enter for convenience.
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Major Player

Thank you - When I went to render the timeline with just hitting enter, it will not render it since it views it as native. When I force the work area render, it starts rendering out.

Thanks a lot - didn't know that option would force a render...
Justin Molush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite