What the Encore equivalent for "Add Story" in DVD Studio Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Major Player

What the Encore equivalent for "Add Story" in DVD Studio Pro?

I'm authoring my first project in Encore. I'm working through some Lynda.com tutorials concurrent with this and searching Adobe Help, but the one thing I haven't been able to find yet is something like the "Add Story" feature in DVD SP. This is where you make a "story" which plays only one chapter (or selected chapters) from the full movie and then returns you directly to the Menu once the chapter is done.

Maybe it's right in front of me and I can't see it for looking. Searching "Encore story" in Adobe Help just seems to bring up results for something called "Adobe Story", which is not what I'm looking for.

Is it called something else in Encore? Or is there just a different way of working in Encore to still achieve the same result?

Any ideas or clues will be most welcome. Thanks.

P.S. The thread title should read, "What is the Encore equivalent ..." rather than "What the Encore equivalent ...".

Last edited by David Knaggs; December 7th, 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Typo in Thread Title
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: What the Encore equivalent for "Add Story" in DVD Studio Pro?

In the project window click create new icon and select "Chapter playlist". There you can add chapters to play. Later simply link a menu button to the chapter playlist like you would to a timeline.
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: What the Encore equivalent for "Add Story" in DVD Studio Pro?

Thanks, Bart!

I'll try that in the morning.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite