Basic PPro CS 5.5 launch query at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Basic PPro CS 5.5 launch query

I am a newcomer to PPro CS5.5 and have a very basic question.

When launching I am encountering difficulties in opening an existing project. Initially I am asked whether I want to open an existing project, a new project or help. Existing projects are listed. If I select either new project or help things happen as expected. So far so good.

However in the case of existing projects the program locates them OK but when I select one an error message advises - “File format not supported”. If I try to open it again the same thing happens. If then I try to restart my iMac I am asked the usual, am I sure I want to restart? If I continue with the restart I am then advised that PPro has cancelled restart. At this stage PPro opens even though the file format is not supported. What am I doing wrong? I am using a mixture of .MTS files from a Panasonic TM900 and .MOV files from a nanoFlash.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Basic PPro CS 5.5 launch query

It might be that some application that you installed overwrote codecs or their settings. Try to reinstall Premiere, I think it should help.
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Bart,

I have taken your advice and de-installed and re-installed PPro. I have also tried a series of mini projects and so far I have had no trouble opening or reopening any of them or in changing from one open project to another.

Thanks for the blog also, I trust I will not be examined on it.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #4
Major Player

I'm glad I could be of help. Good editing!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite