DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Nvida open GL Driver issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/504359-nvida-open-gl-driver-issue.html)

Tom Miller January 13th, 2012 03:03 PM

Nvida open GL Driver issue

1 Attachment(s)
Ok im scratching my head. I keep getting the error code 6. On this particular project all it is a photo montage with basic fades and pans nothing to fancy now that the projects up over 3 minutes the crashing has become more frequent the only way to get cs5 open again is to restart the computer. This doesn't happen often when i do HD video im talking mulit cam multi audio track and its fine. The only thing i have changed recently is i upgraded to a bigger preview monitor

Ann Bens January 13th, 2012 04:38 PM

Re: Nvida open GL Driver issue

Reinstall your videodriver.

Jay West January 13th, 2012 09:29 PM

It might be a bit more difficult than installing your video driver. It might not.

Are you editing on a Mac or a PC?

I don't know about Macs, but on a PC, you may have to install a driver for your monitor as well as re-installing the nVidia drivers. Windows does not always properly recognize every monitor, so you might have to go to the driver DVD that came with the new monitor or go on-line to find a new one which you install by using "update driver."

If you install the monitor driver and still have the problem, try updating the nVidia driver, too. This is where things can get time consuming. You may have to try several versions. I recently did a system rebuld and found that the latest and greatest nVidia drivers fixed some things but created other problems. My GTX card came with a driver DVD that had an older nVidia driver, something like version 160 WHQL. After I restored my system, I got various nVidia errors under several applications. I tried updating to the newest drivers --- trying both 285.58 WHQL and the 290.53 WHQL Beta.. These fixed the earlier problems but had difficulties with PPro. Under 285.58, CS 5.5 crashed with any multi-cam edit. With the 290 Beta, the mutli-cam displays were squashed into narrow bands). The driver's page on nVidia's web-site lets you select what they call "Legacy Drivers" which are really just the last ten iterations preceeeding the most current set. I found one -- 275.33 WHQL --- which worked on my system and solved the issues I had been having. So, if you try an updated nVidia driver and it does not work you may want to try some of the not-so new ones to see if you can find one that works on your system..

Tom Miller January 14th, 2012 07:27 AM

I should have mentioned im a PC. All custom sandy bridge 2600k with GTX570. I tried looking for drivers for my recently added monitor didn't come up with anything. I did uninstall all drivers then reinstalled 285.62... I let Cs5 run over night with no activity i turn my monitor on to find this error code

Jay West January 14th, 2012 01:36 PM

I suggest you try some of the earlier nVidia drivers from the "Legacy Drivers" download page. As I said, I had to drop back to 275.33 before I found one that worked with my system.

Next thing I would check would be the operating temperature of your motherboard and video card. A lot of motherboards ship with simple utilities that let you monitor operating temperatures. Others let you do alarms within your BIOS/set-up. Some will require you to go into the BIOS and just let the computer run while you check the settings page that displays temps there. If you find that your GTX card is running very hot (say, above 85° C) check to be sure that the cooling fan(s) on your 570 has/have not gone out.

I do not know whether or not you have tried Adobe support but you probably should try them, as well. Since Adobe has certified the GTX 570 for use with PPro, they should be able to help with this.

Of course, they may tell you to uninstall and reinstall your CS 5. So, you might just try that, too, before you call or e-mail them.

Also, have you updated your CS 5 to the latest version? If I recall correctly, the latest version of PPro CS 5 was 5.0.3. I kind of remember reading something a year or so ago that 5.0.3 was supposed to fix some some graphics issues on some systems with one of the earlier versions of PPro such as 5.0,0, 5.0.1 or 5.0.2.

The next thing that comes to mind is that you might be overclocking the card or the system. If you are, have you tried running things in stock configuration?

I also recall reading something on the Adobe Forums about problems with some of the later model GTX cards. EDITED TO ADD: here's the thread although it seems to have started with a different error message and some of the solutions are not good for editing (e.g., running with software MPE).:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4057110

Tom Miller January 14th, 2012 03:34 PM

I will have to try and go back to a legacy driver...I'm actually running water cooling im running a bunch of tests and the hottest the GPU got was 30c (86f) and the cpu is around 36c so heats not an issue. I miss labeled this im running Cs5.5 and its up to date. Im not sure but could it actually be overloading the card to the point where i need to look at getting another one and SLI'ing it?

Tom Miller January 14th, 2012 03:41 PM

Im almost positive it has nothing to do with Adobe. i just ran 3dmark vantage to see if i could get a bench mark about 2 minutes in the driver crashed

Don Parrish January 15th, 2012 07:26 AM

Please post your computers specs. Does it say that the "video driver has stopped working" ? are you on vista ?

Tom Miller January 15th, 2012 10:40 AM

Ok here are the spec's and im on Windows 7 unlimited 64bit

ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...

I have 2 of these so 16gb total

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM

And 2 1.5tb 6gbs HDD's

Don Parrish January 17th, 2012 02:09 PM

Tom, what did it say, "the video driver has stopped working" ?? it seems some people are un clocking the superclocked card and some are upping voltages to 1050 mv. Do you have any games installed, direct X11 ??