Magic Lantern (11.12.22), CS5 (5.0.0), or SD card issue? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Magic Lantern (11.12.22), CS5 (5.0.0), or SD card issue?

Updated one T2i to latest ML firmware (11.12.22) and decided to test it out; using normal bitrate at 1920x1080 30P settings, it is taking approximately 30% longer to convert to Cineform vs previous (11.11.11) firmware at the same bitrate ( the scene is as close to identical as possible; i filmed a 5 minute clip of one of those amish fake fireplaces cropped 98% the same as previous clip, seems to make the codec struggle, and in the case of my two Kingston Class 10 16GB cards, overflows the buffer and stops recording (same with splashing water or lots of ripples on water). On the 16 GB Class 10 Sandisks, it keeps recording with no problems.

Here is what i am using; i have not updated CS5 from 5.0.0 (last time i tried yielded crashes galore), nor have i updated ANY drivers or software (machine remains offline anyways). The only variable is the T2i Magic Lantern firmware; ALL SETTINGS, 'video/picture style', ISO, framerate, shutter speed, lens, memory card, video length, video content, (heck even camera body) are identical. Editing rig is a competent X58 system.

I have brought this up with the ML community and no one has any clues; im just wondering if anyone else has issues with this firmwares' content taking longer than normal to transcode. Vegas it takes the same amount of time plus or minus a few seconds. I have the luxury of a few other T2i's, so i can afford the time to play and test out firmware/bitrates etc on one.

Anyone else have issues with CS5 (5.x.x, before 5.5) and ML 11.12.22 on the T2i's? I also noticed the buffer warning pops up where it NEVER did before on the same memory cards in the same (fake amish fireplace clip) scene.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite