Matching colors from 2 cameras. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Trustee

Matching colors from 2 cameras.

How To: Final Cut Pro X Multicam Editing (Tutorial) - YouTube
This is a Final Cut X tutorial on Multi cam editing and from 4:31 to 4:38, he talks about making the colors of 1 clip look like another clip. How do I do something similar in Premiere CS5? I'm editing a multi cam music video with 3 cameras and the colors of 1 angle is a little different from the others. Color correcting helps a little but still not perfect.

Here is a screen capture with the 3 angles. It's the one on the lower right that I'm trying to match to the rest. It looks better with some color correction but I'm showing that angle without any correction in case someone has some advice without loosing any noticeable detail at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Matching colors from 2 cameras.-sequence-01.still001.jpg  

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; February 19th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Matching colors from 2 cameras.

Reduce the magenta by adding green.
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3
Trustee

Here is a corrected version using RGB curves. You may want to experiment with those as a starter
Attached Thumbnails
Matching colors from 2 cameras.-singer.jpg  
Old February 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #4
Major Player

Use the White shirt as your color balance basis.
Either stick with the white shirt white balance in the camera angle you like or white balance it.

Then "Copy" that corrected shot, Select all the other shots, right click on one of these Selected shots and "Paste Attributes".

There are other ways, but this is the fastest I think.

Since much of the shot consists of that sound absorption foam, you could use that for some cool keying or blending effects to liven up the video - just a thought.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Trustee

That's for the comments.
I'm currently experimenting even more but what I might do is just fool around. Maybe fool around with the color grading effects for each scene. Basically give it some artsy look. I've been wanting to try some of that for at least 1 video and since I'm going to do other more serious videos with that artists(my cousin), it'll be fine using this one to fool around a little.
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Trustee

There are some excellent books on Color Grading, the one I use a lot is Color Correction Handbook by Alexis Van Hurkman

It's about $36, a good investment.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Trustee

I ended up getting it to match even more that what you'll see but for some reason I decided to keep the settings in which I fooled around a little too much. It's sort of a unique look and it doesn't seam like the different picture in each camera is that too detracting anyway. You do notice a little detail lost though.

The original screen capture I showed only had the 2 tripod camcorders color corrected except for the camcorder shot in the lower right.

The video end up being good enough to put online and I have better ideas next time.

Here's the completed video:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-you...my-cousin.html
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #8
Major Player

Paulo, Adobe TV has a series called 'Short and Suite' I believe, with Karl Soule and Jason Somebody. They cover, amongst other things, color correction over a few episodes and they are definately worth checking out, both for understanding the tools themselves and tips for using them. Also, if using either the color wheels or RGB curves, make sure and use the 'expand arrows' in the effects window to expand the tool box so you can have finer control over your tools.
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite