Wacom Tablet for Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 30th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wacom Tablet for Video

Hi,

My wireless mouse is starting to look a bit knackered and while looking for different solutions, i came across this tablet:

I've used Wacoms in the past before I started using Premiere/AFX and i remember how great they were to use. So the question is: does anyone use tablets of this kind with video editing software? how long does it take to get used to? I also use Photoshop + Lightroom quite a lot so it'd be great for that

thanks!
Guillermo Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Wacom Tablet for Video

For video, have you considered a Shuttle? I use a Bamboo for PS and LR, but for PrPro I think the Shuttle is more useful, especially for multi-cam edits.

Contour Design | Shuttle | retail.contourdesign.com
David Trayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I purchased a Wacom intuos4 for use with Adobe CS5 and the table has been a fantastic addition when interacting with the software. The stylus has a small rocker switch that provides two little buttons that are easy to use, and tapping with the stylus has the same effect as using the mouse click - so I don't use the mouse at all when using the intuos.

It took perhaps 20 minutes to figure out the tablet, and CS5 picked it up almost immediately - very little to install or configure before the tablet was interacting with the application very nicely.

I would recommend getting the intuos line over the bamboo line.

- rob
Rob MacFarlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks for replies guys.

I had considered the shuttle and it sounds like a v helpful tool but i can only afford one piece of hardware at the moment that's why i was considering the tablet as i could use it for more applications. Intuos is a expensive option at the moment so i was wondering if i should start with the Bamboo which is a 'cheap' option and see how it goes.
My main concern with tablets, how do you drag clips? easy? is it very precise? is it natural or will it take forever to get used to?

thanks!
Guillermo Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:11 AM   #5
Major Player

I got the large Intuos tablet a few years ago. I chose the USB wired version because it had greater sensitivity then the wireless model. Haven't checked specs on current models. I've only used it with Photoshop, and it integrates very well. As for the learning curve... all I can say is the tutorial videos I found were a great help.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite