DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe CS6 is LIVE! Get yer upgrades here! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/507603-adobe-cs6-live-get-yer-upgrades-here.html)

Gary Bettan May 7th, 2012 10:14 AM

Adobe CS6 is LIVE! Get yer upgrades here!

Adobe CS6 is now available. Adobe has made a significant change in their retail policy. Only full versions will be available as boxed goods. All upgrades are from this point forward available only as licenses.

Videoguys is Your Source for Adobe CS6 Upgrade Licenses!

All CS6 Upgrades are now available as downloadable licenses only and may be requested right here at Videoguys.com. There are several advantages to Adobe Licenses including the ability to download your software for either PC or Mac and have it pre-registered with Adobe.

Call us at 800-323-2325 to place your order or use the REQUEST ESD buttons online to build your order and submit it to Videoguys.com to be reviewed by our sales speciailists. Once your order has been accepted your serial number will be sent to you direct from Adobe.

For more info and to request your upgrade licenses Adobe CS6 Available Now! Videoguys is Your Source for CS6 Upgrade Licenses!

Gary

Andrew Smith May 10th, 2012 02:36 AM

Re: Adobe CS6 is LIVE! Get yer upgrades here!

This is a bit of a change from the previous message coming out that upgrades would only be available directly from Adobe. What happened?

Andrew

Gary Bettan May 10th, 2012 07:51 AM

Adobe's migration to the cloud has had some twists along the way. Lets walk through some of them:

- Originally Adobe announced that only owners of CS5 or later would be able to upgrade to CS6. All older versions would have to upgrade to CS5.5 or find that they had no upgrade path at all. [this was recanted]

- Then rumors spread that there would be upgrades, but that they would only be directly from Adobe.[these were never confirmed by Adobe]

- Then they told us [dealers] that there would be upgrades, but only the CS5.5 to CS6 upgrades would be retail boxed and available from dealers. All older upgrades would be licensing only from Adobe. [Adobe then decided that there would be no boxed upgrades at all]

- In the end Adobe decided to make all upgrades license only, but that they would allow them to be sold by partners in specific programs. [YEAH!]

- Videoguys is working hard with Adobe to make the upgrade process as simple and easy as possible for our customers. While upgrades are downloads only, we are making the CS6 installation media available for $20. Adobe CS6 Available Now! Videoguys is Your Source for CS6 Upgrade Licenses!

- Adobe now calls these versions perpetual. In other words, you buy it, you own it. You may not own the discs, but you own your license and it never expires.

- The CLOUD! Adobe tells us eventually it will all be in the cloud, but they will allow their customers to choose when to go there. So Perpetual licenses will remain as long as enough folks keep buying them.

- Cloud clarification. With the current Creative Cloud offer, the cloud membership and software access is sold to an individual, not a company. Companies with multiple seats will want to wait for the TEAM Cloud later this spring. That gives control of the Cloud to the company, allowing them to change who in their company has access to the cloud. So if someone leaves, the company maintains the access to the software and the assets in the cloud. TEAM Cloud pricing will be more - $840 per year. But it will also include additional Cloud features that I can't share with you at this time.

Gary

Chris Luker May 10th, 2012 07:14 PM

I just bought a boxed version of CS6 Master Collection upgrade from CS5 from Adobe...
Have the box in my hand now...
So they do still sell boxed upgrades.

Andrew Smith May 10th, 2012 09:35 PM

The thing about the upgrades only being available direct from Adobe is .... I thought I read it somewhere quite authoritative. Was wondering what the reseller channel was going to think of that move.

The whole cloud subscription thing has been a interesting exercise in itself so far with all that has gone on. Those of us on the "Adobe Creative Suite Ambassadors" group have been feeling that what Adobe really wants to do is to have everyone come across to their subscription model.

If they start jacking up the price of their perpetual upgrades so that the cloud subscription looks so much better in comparison, then it's going to be quite a bit of a stinker. Deep down we're all a bit apprehensive.

Andrew

Gary Bettan May 11th, 2012 08:28 AM

Wow - Adobe shipping boxed upgrades is news to me. Very interesting. I guess they modified the plan once again.

With our discounted pricing on upgrade licenses, even adding the $20 for install media still makes our deals pretty aggressive. Although our discounts on Production Premium are better then waht we can offer on Master Collection.

Gary

Benjamin Maas May 13th, 2012 12:17 PM

I'm getting a boxed upgrade from CS5.5. I had to call them and there were a few minor issues (I purchased 5.5 about 2 days before the free upgrade period started), but they took care of me and I got an email from them last week saying in 7-10 days, my box would ship.

--Ben