Sony EX3 and CS6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 24th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Trustee

Sony EX3 and CS6

Have only just received the CS6 Production suite but on first glance it's an improvement over previous versions. The one immediate bonus is that now you can see a Sony EX file thumbnail preview in the media browser, and if you scrub it then you can see the video preview of that clip.

I look forward to discovering more features over the next few days.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony EX3 and CS6

I (and I'm sure many others) will be very interested to hear how you get on Vincent. I'm an EX3/7D/TM900 user and I've been greatly enjoying CS5.5 Production Premium for the last 6 months or so. It's rock stable and very fast on my 8 core Mac Pro. The only time it will ever crash is if I try to use the eye-dropper tool in the Titler to match a colour - other than that it's been absolutely superb/fault free for me.

I've been very tempted to pay for the £300+VAT (ish) upgrade as I want to keep my edit tools sharp but I've been reading of LOTS of problems and bugs over on the various Adobe forums and around the web.

Seems many are (unfortunately) having issues with CS6 when CS5.5 was working well for them - not everyone (as people only tend to post on forums if they have problems) but there do seem to be a lot of posts around about issues at the moment. Enough to make me nervous.... In view of that, I think I'll wait a few weeks (or months) until early adopters such as yourself report back and/or some of those issues get sorted. After all, CS5.5.2 is working like a dream for me so there is no real rush, especially since I'm in the middle of some big projects. Golden rule, never change mid-project! I know others have another golden rule, never get new NLE software until it's had at least a .1 bug fix issued!
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Sony EX3 and CS6

Your Golden rule of not changing things in mid project is good advice Andy. I have both CS5.5 and CS6 on my system, they both work OK, at least I can compare the various filters and other functions without any interruption to other projects.

So far, the performance gain seems to be impressive, I love the instant previews of files, which also work with Canon XF 305/300 files. The interface seems to be an improvement, but certain features are not in the same place, so it may take a week or so before I am fully comfortable with the software.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite