DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   exporting 4 channels unmixed audio for post (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/508308-exporting-4-channels-unmixed-audio-post.html)

Chris Duczynski June 7th, 2012 01:02 AM

exporting 4 channels unmixed audio for post

I'm using CS5 and have just finished an edit using four channels of various audio (ambient, soundtrack, voice, effects) I want to send it to a post-production audio suite for a proper mix and eq. What is the best way to export and retain 4 seperate tracks??

Bart Walczak June 7th, 2012 03:36 PM

Re: exporting 4 channels unmixed audio for post

For CS5 I believe your only option is to export stems.

Chris Duczynski June 7th, 2012 03:44 PM

Bart,
What do you mean "stems". Are you saying one track at a time and then synch ??

Battle Vaughan June 7th, 2012 04:39 PM

I think the most straight-forward way is to output each track, one at a time....silence the other tracks (click the loudspeaker icon off on the unwanted tracks) , select the track you want to output and send to AME as an AIF or WAV file, then do the others in turn. I had some idea I can't test of sending a 5.1 surround project to Audition and selecting "export as individual mono wav files" from there, but I can't test this, so it's just a conjecture.

Chris Duczynski June 7th, 2012 06:13 PM

Thanks Battle, I might follow this up as there has got to be a simple way to export all tracks simultaneuosly as seperate tracks, rather than them being mixed on export. It's for a TVC and I'm really not up on audition at all which is why I want to send them to an audio post place for sweetening and eq'ing..

Battle Vaughan June 7th, 2012 07:14 PM

Chris, flying blind on this as I am still on CS4, but:

try making a new sequence with a 5.1 setup, copy your audio tracks to that, and then send them to Audition. Audition has an option under the Surround Encoder dialog box to export as six individual mono wave files. PPro will make empty tracks to make up the 5.1 if you only have 4 tracks. Disclaimer: I have an Audition manual but do not currently have the program, so I am working from not being able to test the idea.

You don't have to know Audition in detail to do this, I think, and the help files should answer any problem that might come up.

That said, it's really quick to export the audio files individually as I outlined (click off the export video option on the export window) and that I did test, and it was pretty easy.

Chris Duczynski June 10th, 2012 06:16 PM

Thanks Battle I'll try both those options and see how I go. Will let you know.