exporting 4 channels unmixed audio for post at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 7th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Major Player

exporting 4 channels unmixed audio for post

I'm using CS5 and have just finished an edit using four channels of various audio (ambient, soundtrack, voice, effects) I want to send it to a post-production audio suite for a proper mix and eq. What is the best way to export and retain 4 seperate tracks??
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: exporting 4 channels unmixed audio for post

For CS5 I believe your only option is to export stems.
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Major Player

Bart,
What do you mean "stems". Are you saying one track at a time and then synch ??
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Trustee

I think the most straight-forward way is to output each track, one at a time....silence the other tracks (click the loudspeaker icon off on the unwanted tracks) , select the track you want to output and send to AME as an AIF or WAV file, then do the others in turn. I had some idea I can't test of sending a 5.1 surround project to Audition and selecting "export as individual mono wav files" from there, but I can't test this, so it's just a conjecture.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Battle, I might follow this up as there has got to be a simple way to export all tracks simultaneuosly as seperate tracks, rather than them being mixed on export. It's for a TVC and I'm really not up on audition at all which is why I want to send them to an audio post place for sweetening and eq'ing..
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Trustee

Chris, flying blind on this as I am still on CS4, but:

try making a new sequence with a 5.1 setup, copy your audio tracks to that, and then send them to Audition. Audition has an option under the Surround Encoder dialog box to export as six individual mono wave files. PPro will make empty tracks to make up the 5.1 if you only have 4 tracks. Disclaimer: I have an Audition manual but do not currently have the program, so I am working from not being able to test the idea.

You don't have to know Audition in detail to do this, I think, and the help files should answer any problem that might come up.

That said, it's really quick to export the audio files individually as I outlined (click off the export video option on the export window) and that I did test, and it was pretty easy.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Battle I'll try both those options and see how I go. Will let you know.
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite