DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   TITLES and STILL frames (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/508400-titles-still-frames.html)

Roy Alexander June 10th, 2012 05:45 AM

TITLES and STILL frames

Hi. I am new to Adobe CS5 and an just starting to edit my HDV video for the first time in Adobe premiere Pro CS5 . I have come across a couple of problems. have several video Tutorials and am managing quite well. However after making titles I find I can't save each title as a seperate file in order to use them again in other projects that may come along. Is this the case, that they cannot be saved outside the project. Also after making a still frame from the timeline, I find I can't save that either as a seperate item. With other editors I have always been able to do this saving. The still frame is important to me to use as a picture on the end product DVD or Blu-ray disc. Also I use the stills from the timeline to use on the case covers. Will some opne tell me if I am wasting my time trying to save the items which is not possible do with CS5, or am I doing something wrong?
Any info gratefully received.

Vincent Oliver June 10th, 2012 05:51 AM

Re: TITLES and STILL frames

The titles are embedded with each project. The best way may be to create a new Photoshop file with the dimensions of your footage and save it as a PSD file, you will be able to edit this at any future stage.

Regarding the screen capture, you can save this as a JPG, TIFF, PNG once the capture has been made, experiment a bit further and you will find the option - sorry I haven't got CS5 installed on this system so can'give further details.

Vincent Oliver June 10th, 2012 06:06 AM

Just Launched Premiere CS5.5. If you click on the camera icon under the Monitor window then you are given the option to Export Frame. Give your frame a name, choose file format; DPX, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, Targa or BMP. Click the Browse button to choose a location to save the file. The image can now be added to your project.

Vincent Oliver June 10th, 2012 06:14 AM

Roy,

Just been looking at the Title feature. Once you have created a title then highlight it in the Project Panel (not on the timeline) then select Export > Title. This will save the title file as a Title Designer Title (*.prtl). To open this you must select Import and navigate to where you saved the file.

A Photoshop PSD file is still a good alternative, but for simplicity the method above works.

Roy Alexander June 10th, 2012 09:06 AM

VINCENT- Thankyou very much for your excellent instructions. I have now, thanks to you, saved the items I needed as independent files. It amazes me that I have purchased two expensive visual tutorials for CS5 and neither of them mention how to save these items. Good job we have forums to get advice from. Thank again Roy

Vincent Oliver June 10th, 2012 09:39 AM

You are welcome Roy, I know how frustrating it can be to find simple items. It's all part of the fun - sometimes!

Brian Crow June 14th, 2012 01:38 AM

Vincent,

... and thanks from me too.

I have often wondered about saving titles and now have the answer.

Brian

Jerry Porter June 15th, 2012 06:38 AM

That is one of those things that has driven me crazy for years.... Thanks from me too..

Vincent Oliver June 15th, 2012 07:15 AM

I'm glad you have all found the Holy Grail of saving Titles in Premiere