Thoughts on cs6 monthly subscription at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Thoughts on cs6 monthly subscription

Hi all,

I am a FCP7 user. Recently with the monthly subscription base for cs6, I figured it might be worthwhile to switch to Premiere cs6 (rather than buying FCPX) and with the monthly subscription and also get a whole lot of cs6 apps.

What do you Adobe CS user think about the subscription base cs6? Is it worth it or is it better to buy straight out? I know it really depends on your usage but I just want to hear more from cs user.

Any pointers appreciated.

-Aa
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Thoughts on cs6 monthly subscription

Here's a lengthy thread on it:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-cr...rilliance.html
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

this is a good thread. Thanks.
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Aaron,

For what it's worth I have it installed on my home computer so I can take my work home. It's brilliant. I wish my home computer were faster. I don't mind not owning the software for the foreseeable future.

Richard
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Getting the educational discount softened the price a lot so I just bought it.
Kawika Ohumukini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Major Player

I also qualified for the educational discount. I'm still trying to find a problem with it, but the only conclusion that I keep coming up with is what a great deal it is. I think it would be worth it at $49/mo, too.

Being able to have access to complete versions of the software from the Production Premium package that I use is good, but the big advantage is that I can use a few other programs that will be very useful to me. I ae been curious to experiment with a couple of others, too, and now I have the opportunity without using trial versions.
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Oh, and another good thing is that you can learn other software packages. For example, I've always used Premiere and After Effects. I've never really learned Photoshop but I'd like to. This way, with my lynda.com and Adobe CC subscriptions, I can spend a while learning to use it, and it's another feather in my cap.

Richard

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite