DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Problem importing C300 footage via media browser in Premiere Pro! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/508925-problem-importing-c300-footage-via-media-browser-premiere-pro.html)

Stephen Hill June 30th, 2012 02:08 AM

Problem importing C300 footage via media browser in Premiere Pro!

I have 3 cards that were backed up using the canon xf utility. This data is on my RAID array and the xf utility still reads the data fine showing all spanned clips as single files. When I try to import these into a premier pro project via media browser an error is shown and a list of all the meta data files is shown. In the drop don box "read files as" canon xf is greyed out and media browser never recognises the data as that of a card! Final Cut's log and transfer has no problem with the same files so I wonder if it's perhaps something I'm doing wrong in PP? Has anyone got experience of importing spanned clips from a C300 into premiere pro?

Chris Duczynski June 30th, 2012 09:00 PM

Re: Problem importing C300 footage via media browser in Premiere Pro!

What file format are they - Ppro doesn't like Pro-res.

Walter Brokx July 2nd, 2012 07:07 AM

Ignore the error-list: it just says that the metadatafiles aren't audio or video files.
Close that window.
The files should be in your project now.

Or do it the oldfashioned way: CTRL/Apple+I and select the folder you want to import.
You'll get the same errorlist, but the videofiles will be imported.
The spanned files should appear as 1 file.
Or as multiple files, but when you put 1 of them on the timeline you'll get the complete spanned file.

(At least this works with EXCAM footage since CS3. In CS5.5 I never had trouble with C300 footage.)

Stephen Hill July 4th, 2012 10:02 AM

I am in Premiere Pro CS6 on windows 7. FYI I did a multicam edit with 2 large pro res files the other day and the system didn't miss a beat!
The C300 files are direct compact flash card backups and the files are MXFs. To be honest I hadn't dropped them on the timeline as I was expecting the spanned clips to show as a few large clips as apposed to lots of small ones. Also, I was expecting media browser to recognise the cards as Canon XF but it isn't. My biggest issue is I need to use plural eyes to sync but with Premiere recognizing the spanned clips the whole workflow ends up borked :(

Roger Averdahl July 5th, 2012 10:57 AM

Have you renamed the CONTENTS folder?

If you do = No support in Media Browser and spanned clips import as single clips.