DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CS Feature Requests and Bug Reports (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/509983-cs-feature-requests-bug-reports.html)

Pete Bauer August 13th, 2012 04:23 PM

CS Feature Requests and Bug Reports

CS6 has been out a few months now and is a hit, but of course there's no such thing as software that is either entirely bug-free or all things to all people. So in the spirit of encouraging constructive feedback to Adobe so they best apply their resources in the writing of the next version, I'm starting this thread.

There is no question that the larger the number of people who ask for a particular feature, the more likely Adobe are to invest the resources to to make it happen. By sharing our wish lists here, we can each decide which ideas we really like and submit our favorites to Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform...?name=wishform

Please post to this thread to describe new features you'd like to see, and for confirmed bugs that you have already reported to Adobe. Post how-to questions or queries about whether something is really a bug or not in its own thread, not here. When you see a feature or bug fix that strikes your fancy, please use the link to request it with Adobe.

I'll start off with a request to make markers follow a clip throughout the suite -- specifically that an Encore Chapter marker applied to a clip in the PPro Source Monitor should carry through to the Encore timeline. Currently, I've found that such a marker will only be visible in Encore when placed on the PPro sequence.
Markers should be truly portable metadata.

Bart Walczak August 16th, 2012 06:06 AM

Re: CS Feature Requests and Bug Reports

Big ones:

1. Scripting - which would solve a lot of workflow and conforming problems.

2. Treat clips as sequences from the get go.

3. Project manager with transcoding and trimming.

4a. Dynamic integration with SpeedGrade so that the trip is not one-way, and mastering can be done from Premiere.

or

4b. Dedicated color-correction workspace with grade management like in Avid Symphony

Smaller ones:

1. Live and accurate scopes.

2. Pixel Motion for time remapping without the need to go to After Effects

3. "Baking in" Warp Stabilizer data to lessen the size of a project.

4. Intelligent media relinking, including search, possibly porting proxy files mechanism from After Effects for offline/online

5. Sortable thumbnail view.

6. Clip label colors visible in thumbnail view.

7. Background saving (and autosaving) and rendering.

8. Clip based audio mixing

9. Clip selection under playhead with keyboard shortcut

10. Moving clip to another track with a keyboard shortcut

11. Create an After Effects composition on a new track with possibility to copy the effect from a given clip.

12. Improved XML export and import

13. No duplicate media files or ability to consolidate them.

Kelly Huffaker August 17th, 2012 01:22 AM

Sorry I didn't come up with an extensive list, but I did want to point out a little bug I noticed in Premiere Pro CS6 with the Project Window. I like to do my trimming there instead of the source monitor since the thumbnails are huge now. I did notice though that the yellow bar has a bug every now and then where it will "remember" my last trim from another clip, and apply it to the new clip that I just clicked on. It's an easy fix around it by just clicking off the clip and reselecting it which refreshed that bar but still......it's kinda annoying.

John Richard August 18th, 2012 08:25 AM

Speedgrade ability to output to a calibrated monitor on the Mac.
There is no point of a great color grading tool like Speedgrade without being able to see your work on an monitor in the right gamma and color space.

Battle Vaughan August 24th, 2012 04:11 PM

It may just be my install, but PPro CS6 won't load, giving a "no suitable video player" error, unless I open it as administrator. Then it works fine.

I am happy to see the waveform and other scopes ganged with the reference screen so that they scrub together with the playback screen. Oddly, the monitors will not playback live as the video plays, they are only ganged in scrub mode. FCP had concurrent windows for years, I miss it....

About SpeedGrade --- the interface is quite unlike any of the other programs in the suite, surely consistency in the interface would be a major goal of Adobe. It is baffling. Colorista in AE is better. I am sitting here trying to figure out how to start a new project. The familiar menu bars and keystrokes seem to be absent. It is somewhat limited in the files it will work with, Quicktime being the only common one, I think. And I can't get the keyframe buttons to work. I think Adobe bought this from an outside developer, as there are tutorials on-line from another company. It's very un-like its companion programs. Perhaps a re-work to make it more "familiar" would help. I am finding it quite frustrating.

Ann Bens August 27th, 2012 09:05 AM

If you set the Waveform in the Program Monitor you will have live update while playback,

Battle Vaughan August 27th, 2012 10:57 AM

Thanks, Ann, what I would like is to have the playback monitor run the video image and to concurrently see the waveform and colorburst scopes...you can gang the reference monitor in that way, but only for scrubbing. Which is better than nothing....