CS5.5 Crossfade doesnt work on all clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 19th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #1

CS5.5 Crossfade doesnt work on all clips

When I place the constant gain or power transistion over into the middle of 2 clips to join them, the effect (highlights as a dark red/brown colour) refuses to 'sit' between the clips and insteads defaults to the end of one audio clip or the start of the next one. This is on the timeline. On some clips it will join them together, on others it wont. What am I doing wrong? thank you
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: CS5.5 Crossfade doesnt work on all clips

Ref: Adobe Premiere Pro * Transition overview: applying transitions

I believe it's because the 1st clip has no handle (frames after the out point) for the transition to fade out. So if your sequence is set to 30fps and you have a transition of 1 second, the 1st clip needs to have at least 15 frames beyond the end of it (out point) for the transition to have an affect. Otherwise it will just snap to the end of the 1st clip and fade out the last 30 frames. I hope that makes sense, I was confused the first 3 times I read it.
Kawika Ohumukini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Major Player

A second possibility is that the two clips have a small gap between them. Zoom in to the timeline to check for this. If the gap is only one or two frames it will not show at the sort of zoom level you use for editing.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Major Player

Click on the transition and open the Effect Controls.
There you will see why the transition is placed like it is.
Ann Bens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite