DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   stabiliser for CS5 premier pro 5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/510599-stabiliser-cs5-premier-pro-5-a.html)

Roy Alexander September 10th, 2012 02:35 AM

stabiliser for CS5 premier pro 5

I have just moved over to Adobe CS5 from Vegas 10 and would like to know the best app. to stabilise hand held shots using adobe premiere pro 5

Frank Glencairn September 10th, 2012 05:11 AM

Re: stabiliser for CS5 premier pro 5

proDAD Mercalli, hands down.

Roy Alexander September 21st, 2012 05:23 PM

Can anyone tell me if the mecalli V2 stabiliser will work with Premiere pro 5. I have CS5 which does not include After Effects. I've been in touch with ProDad and they tell me it works with CS5 and after effects. I don't understand the answer. I've told them that my CS5 does not include after effects. Does the product work with Premiere Pro 5 editing programme as a plug in without having to use After Effects.

Mike Beckett September 22nd, 2012 12:51 AM

I used Mercalli with Premiere Pro CS5, no problem at all. I think they mean it works in both AfterEffects and Premiere, not that it needs AE.

Try downloading the trial to be sure.

Roy Alexander September 22nd, 2012 02:01 AM

MIKE. Was it Mercalli V2 you used with CS5 and was it a plug in or standalone version and did you use it with the Premiere pro 5 programme part of CS5. Thanks for your info

Robert Young September 23rd, 2012 10:32 AM

Roy
I use the plug-in version of Mercalli V2 for Premiere Pro.
It installs into (plugs into) both PPro CS5.x and CS6 (which I am currently using)
You access it from within PPro Effects Panel, just like any other PPro effect (Fast Color Corrector, etc., etc.)
You simply drag the Mercalli effect onto the target clip on the timeline & the Mercalli control window opens automatically.
90% of the time I get great results just using the default settings
Mercalli is magic...
You will love it :)

Mike Beckett September 23rd, 2012 10:45 AM

Roy,

I used the plugin version of Mercalli 2 in Premiere Pro CS5.

I never saw the need for the standalone version (even though I think I got it as part of my download). I don't use After Effects, and it was so handy just dragging the Mercalli effect onto a clip.

Roy Alexander September 24th, 2012 08:01 AM

Thanks every one for your input, I am going to give Mercalli V2 a trial run. All your info has led to me to believing it will work with my set up. Do any of you know of a good visual tutorial on how to use the stabiliser? Thanks again

Roy Alexander September 25th, 2012 02:20 AM

I have now downloaded a trial of the Mercalli V2 stabiliser and am very happy to report that it works well with Adobe Premiere CS5. I am over the moon with the results. It is so simple to use for me because most of my hand held shots are ,although unsteady, are still watchable so I can use the stabiliser in its default mode. I can't see any loss of resolution when the before and after shots are played on a split screen. I suppose some nick pickers would see a very slight difference. The amount of zoom used is very small indeed and is not noticable unless you deliberately look for it. Any way all important action should be centred in the shot. I am impressed with how hand held pans are smoothed out. This is the best stabiliser I have come across yet and so again I thank all contributors who advised me on this forum.