DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CS6 Export (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/510685-cs6-export.html)

Robert Bale September 13th, 2012 02:47 AM

CS6 Export

Hi, i am working my way through CS6 slowly, i am having one problem , thats is on export, when i used FCP i could do a full wedding, the go file export current settings, and out put the HD QT file,ProRes Lt (to Keep for Backup) it only took about 20mins for a 1hr wedding. Now is CS6 if i try to export something HD QT File its wanting to take 5 hrs . This can't be right, ?? can it. Or should i export a HQ Vimeo setting and Keep it on File ?

The only time i need to re use the master HD QT File, is if i have deleted the original footage , and the bride called me 2 months later and lets me know she wants something fixed or cut out. I normally just open a new FCP sequence, and drop the HD File onto the time line, fix what i need to fix, and re burn her a new DVD.
I hope that makes sense, sorry to bug you all about it but i can't seem to work out how or which way to do this.

Notes, i am not using Previews or Maximum Render setting

Robert Bale September 13th, 2012 09:27 PM

Re: CS6 Export

Also do i need to render the Red sections before i send to Media Encoder

Denez McAdoo September 14th, 2012 07:55 AM

try going through with the export. I've had many situations (in a lot of programs including FCP) where the render time is estimated at 3 hour or so, when in fact 30 minutes later, the render is done.

If it actually takes 3 hours, then you have a problem.

Battle Vaughan September 14th, 2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bale (Post 1753305)
Also do i need to render the Red sections before i send to Media Encoder

No, the rendering is for playback while you're editing. AME will do whatever rendering is needed when you export.

Robert Bale September 15th, 2012 03:55 PM

OK, I ll have a look.

Tom Abray September 24th, 2012 05:46 PM

Just a guess ... It might depend on what kind of files you're editing. In FCP I edit Pro Res files. Therefore to export to Quicktime (if export settings are set to ProRes), it's fast since there is no conversion. However, in Premiere I have been editing the h.264 files. If I output to ProRes, Premiere (or Media Encoder) has to convert them.

Also, 5 hours to render a one hour video actually seems pretty fast. I imagine it would take just as long to convert it to Vimeo quality.

Robert Bale September 26th, 2012 03:03 PM

Hi Tom, yes spot on, Vimeo settings is long as well.,this is the only think that bugs me, the time it takes, when i am so use to FCP, and ProRes, i am going to try a do a All XDCAM EX Time line next and see how long it takes. There will be not transcoding needed.

Also is there a way to add a watermark logo in adobe media encoder, saves adding to the time line.