encoding failure with Encore CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Major Player

encoding failure with Encore CS5

When trying to burn a DVD from an HDV file in CS5 Encore the encoding always fails. Whether trying the preset Mpeg 2 or Mpeg-DVD the result is always the same-FAILURE. This has only just developed. Every other option works fine. Making a blu-ray disc image from the time line of premiere pro5 via dynamic link is ok or burning a Blu-ray disc is okay. Making a DVD ISO or burning a DVD disc from a DV project is OK. It's only when trying to make a DVD from an HDV file that the encoding fails. Any help in finding out why will be appreciated.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: encoding failure with Encore CS5

Export from Premiere with mpeg2-dvd with fields to upper if your footage is interlaced.
Import (not Dynamic Link) those 2 files into a New dvd Encore project (dont use the old one)
See if that will help.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #3
Major Player

ANN. Thanks for advice but regretably the encoding still fails. However I've worked round the problem by exporting the edited HDV video back to tape using the same camcorder it was shot on. I then altered the settings of the camcorder so that it played back in DV. Then I captured the DV version back to Premiere Pro 5, Encore then made an ISO with no problem. I then used Imgburn to burn the DVD. A bit longwinded but at least I've got the DVD.

Last edited by Roy Alexander; January 9th, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Major Player

the viewers who looked at this thread might like to know that for some strange reason(unknown to me) the whole burning system of Encore is now working perfectly. The LG burner, (which got blamed for many things) is now working perfectly. It even reconises and burns to DVD discs of every type Including Cheap DVD-RW's It never did that when I first bought it. Its even putting Blu-ray high def short videos onto DVD's. It would seem therefore that the trouble I have had is down to Encore. However that is converting HDV to Mpeg-DVD with no problem.
So everything in the garden is Rosy (At the moment). At least if it goes wrong again, I know how to work round it.
One thing I did do (and I don't know if it made any difference) was to remove XP which was on the same PC as WIN 7 and the one I work with.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #5
Trustee

Roy,

Is it the encode that was failing or the burning? That wasn't clear to me.

If it's the burning, then you can always encode to an ISO image and try using independent burning software like Imgburn (free - Google it).

If I'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs, I apologise!
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Major Player

MIKE. Sorry I can't describe the problems I had better that I have done in my first posting. Everything you mention I have been doing for some years. As My final posting said The problem has now gone. I can add perhaps that encoding only failed when trying to put an HDV file onto a DVD by making it into an Mpeg file. It is now doing that perfectly through Dynamic Link to Encore, and encore is making the ISO file ok. The problem with the burning was that the LG blu ray burner would not accept DVD blanks Only blu-ray Discs. The burner is now accepting and burning to all types of Discs. Thanks for your interest.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite