DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   PP CS6 "Unknown Error compiling movie" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/514259-pp-cs6-unknown-error-compiling-movie.html)

Panagiotis Raris February 12th, 2013 12:36 AM

PP CS6 "Unknown Error compiling movie"

Recently switched to CS6, and am having a damn field day with these things. It appears to be linked to certain effects. Ironically the ones i am asked to use.

Things i have ruled out thus far...
PC stability issues (this machine is rock solid for over a month continuously)
RAID array stability issues (5 disk RAID 0, just for CS6)
file/source/destination corruption (duplicates checked against source)
RamDisk issues (7.5GB of 24GB total used as scratch disk for short project)

It appears to be linked more to individual plug-ins. I don't care what others say, it has nothing to do with clip gaps or file types in my case; XF105 footage, old XH A1 work, T2i files, etc no problems. Seems linked solely to effects. Most irritating. Never had this issue with CS5.

Ann Bens February 12th, 2013 03:38 PM

Re: PP CS6 "Unknown Error compiling movie"

Might want to read this:
"Error compiling movie" when rendering or exporting with Premiere Pro CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6

Peter Manojlovic February 12th, 2013 04:30 PM

If you shut off the FX button, does is still happen??

Tim Kolb February 16th, 2013 01:48 PM

Sometimes 3rd party vendors can be behind the release schedule with their compatibility.

In those circumstances, my easiest workaround has been to render a preview in that area (or the whole sequence...whatever appropriate) and then export with "Use Previews" checked. From a visual quality purist point of view, it does add some additional compression, depending on what you have chosen for a preview format, but when it's between getting the project exported and growing the stomach ulcer...

Panagiotis Raris February 27th, 2013 09:58 PM

Ann, read and went through whole timeline and all possible solutions. No hardware issues whatsoever, no disk or permission issues, no codec issues. i ran the same render through PP CS5 and it output just fine.

Peter, if i turn of show FX button i still get same error.

Tim, i still get the same error with CS6.

The effects in question are Neatvideo (latest release for CS6) and Twixtor (again latest release), and BOTH cause issues with CS6, oddly not with CS5. I can render fine in CS5 or CS6, but must use AME from CS5 to output or i get errors. I believe its a bug with CS6 output or CS6 and my hardware, which is pretty stable and generic. MPEG-2 Blu Ray works in maximum bitrates at 24P (and ONLY those specs); H264 at any bitrate, resolution, or framerate does not, which is what i use most.

i7 920 at 4.2Ghz
24GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz RAM at 1603Mhz
Galaxy GTX660 2GB at stock clocks (tried with 4 different drivers so far)
ARECA 1222 with 8x Samsung 500GB 2.5" 7200 RPM drives in RAID5
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD for Boot/OS
Adobe CS6 (original version, no updates)

Otherwise system is perfectly stable up to 4.4Ghz and 17xx or 18xx Mhz RAM speeds for days at full usage in Prime95 so stability is not the issue at all. No temps exceed 82c, voltages are all normal, no BSOD etc. it is not hardware related. i can underclock it to 2.8Ghz and 12xxMhz on the RAM and it STILL gives same error. I have gridded out all hardware and (graphics/chipset) possibilities and tested them; same thing. CS5 outputs with identical settings just fine at any speed/voltage combo's. i have the workaround so thats what i do, still irritating. this is an older system and older parts. Its not even that complicated of footage/edits.

It only concerns me because i will be leaving shortly for an overseas tour (non military) and i dont want to leave an overcomplicated workaround for my partner, and i would LIKE to use all CS6 and remove CS5 as i have limited space.

Side note; i get the same results with the Galaxy Razor GTX460 1GB i used to have, again only with CS6. Both GTX460 1GB and GTX660 2GB were CUDA_CARDS.TXT enabled.

Thanks for the input and help!

Alan Craven February 28th, 2013 05:52 AM

Why have you not updated Premiere to the latest version? That is quite likely to be the cause of your problem.

Panagiotis Raris March 4th, 2013 07:19 PM

Alan, thanks i eventually did try all updated drivers and software. Turns out i had a faulty graphics card. GF's little brother asked if he could play crisis on it, which i let him install and play (i was watching him for the weekend, he knows his tech, but his computer is pretty old); hes into gaming obviously and overclocked the graphics card slightly; it kept artifacting and crashing, and was unstable the whole time, even underclocked at lowest settings. i had tested it and stressed it a bit with MSI afterburner and it did just fine, but no sky i have ever seen is RGB with flickering boxes everywhere, which is what kept happening when usage went over 35% for a few minutes in crisis game, but never in CS6 applications.

i then opened up my partners system, threw the 660 in it (he has a GTX570), updated the driver to the same i had, and same problem.

got a replacement GTX 660 and it works just fine now. thanks for the help and ideas!