DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   motion video buttons (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/514629-motion-video-buttons.html)

Roy Alexander February 27th, 2013 09:10 AM

motion video buttons

I am attempting to place motion buttons on a menu and have successfully done so but the result has a fault which is not acceptable. I have placed one motion button at the start of my video with the text telling "CLICK TO START" and it has a 10 sec duration and is set to loop forever and the end setting is set to go back to the start button. Everything works as it should BUT at the end of the 10 sec duration the screen goes black until the start button returns to the screen. I have read and looked at several top class tuition programmes and can't find anything telling how to make the loop seamless. Perhaps it is how the programme works? But other programmes I have Used namely Vegas movie studio and Sonic MYDVD doesn't have this problem. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Roy Alexander February 28th, 2013 02:44 PM

Re: motion video buttons

Just to let you know, I have now solved the problem and the screen no longer goes blank between loops.

Kevin Currie February 28th, 2013 03:21 PM

Would you mind sharing what caused the problem and how you fixed it? In case other people have the same issue and search the forum for answers.

Roy Alexander March 1st, 2013 05:54 AM

KEVIN. I remembered what somebody said in 2003 when they were experiencing this problem and was ranting against Adobe for not addressing this problem as Sony and Ulead had, and he suggested tinkering with the motion settings might help. So I did. Originally I has set the duration of the motion at 10 secs. before a repeat loop started. I had the number of Loops panel set at "FOREVER". and I noticed the music that played with the menu was showing longer than the 10secs. that the motion was set at. I reset everything as follows:- the motion Duration was increased to 15 seconds. The number of loops panel was reduced to 17 and the music was set to the same numbers. It works for me and there is no longer any blank screen between the end of one loop and the beginning of the next. I'm not sure if the music playing length had anything to do with the problem but I altered it just in case. It might not work for everyone but it satisfies me. I hope this might help somebody.

Roy Alexander March 4th, 2013 03:51 AM

Futher to my recent posts regarding this matter, I have to report that I have now tried the same experiment with HD Bluray menus and it is not as good a result as I have with the DVD version. Although with the bluray the screen no longer goes blank between loops, the still frame that appears between the loops stays on the screen longer and is very obvious. Still it's better than a blank screen.