unwanted files in CS5 premiere pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 17th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: unwanted files in CS5 premiere pro

PAUL. Thank you for your informative post,it's much appreciated. Actually I have 3 PC's in operation. One for Editing only with Adobe CS5 and Sony Vegas. One for general internet and Email use which also has Vegas Movie Studio HD 10 and Adobe premiere 6.5. The third is permanently connected to a SVHS recorder which I use to tranfer VHS cassette videos to DV video discs. All three share a printer to print direct to disc. My main CP's are connected to blu-ray players as well as having built in Blu-ray burners. So you see I am pretty well equiped. My trouble is that I keep forgetting how I did things years ago, and have to keep referring to manuals (which are not very helpful) and CD tutorials (much better). You can see some of my work on youtube under RoyfromDurham. Thanks for your help.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Roy - I think it's brilliant that you've not got the computer phobia that seems very common for many people when they retire. You're the same age as my father in law, and he's tried a few times to use computers and given up as something beyond him, when I think it's just attitude to new things. I wish you all the best with your videos.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #18
Major Player

PAUL. Thank you for your kind comments. I think one of the reasons why elderly people can't cope with PCs especially editing programmes is because of the jargon used. If Sony, Adobe and the like used the same name to describe their various and many functions, it would make the learning curve much easier.e.g. Sony call a drive, a volume, something I always attributed to Audio. They call a clip an event, Adobe call it an asset. These companies know full well that many people have no idea what they are talking about, if not, why do they publish a Glossary of terms which describes the name in plain English?
After a lot of Frustration, I had an expert visit me and show me how to operate all the functions I required. As he went through each procedure I wrote down in plain English each action step by step. I now have my own manual which I can understand. I also went to college at 70 yrs ago and passed all the exams on computing especially on stage 2 on publishing. So there is no need for the elderly to be afraid of using Pc,s. When you can longer enjoy sporting activities, you can enjoy the rewards of computing which keeps the brain active. Best wishes and tell your father -in-Law to try agin and persevere.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite